Chapter Fifteen

I don't usually run into Malfoy. In our first year we both called off yelling rude things to each other when we were left alone in the astronomy tower. I never told anybody about our encounter but I figured it would be best not to. We aren't necessarily friends but if he were in trouble I would help him, I can't say that weasel would do the same. Anyway, like I said, I usually don't run into him but as I walked past him in the Great Hall he stopped me. "Hey, Potter." He murmurs. "Malfoy." I greet nicely. "Got a ball date?" He asks. My face goes red with embarrassment, he is asking me? "Sorry, Malfoy. I don't think I am going to go. I want one person to ask me but he seems to like someone else." I sigh, trying not to look miserable. "I understand. Good luck, Potter." He gives me his all famous smirk before leaving. Whispers already started going around and when I went to sit down beside my best friends they practically ignored me. "Did Malfoy mess with you?" Harry asks coming up beside me. I noticed the twins lean forward to hear and I suddenly lost my appetite. "Um. He asked me to the dance and I politely declined." I tell him. I stood up from my seat and held on to the table, staring at the food before giving Harry a tight smile, then darting out of there. I hate being ignored by them and I hate that they're keeping secrets. I went up to the Astronomy tower and sat on the ledge. The breeze flowed through me making me relax. I glance over and see a single rose sitting on the ledge beside me, half-dead. I smile and pick it up, only for it to catch flames. I stare at it in curiosity. "How terrible is it to love something that death can touch?" I was startled as I turn, still sitting on the ledge, drop the rose on the floor and looking at the intruder. "Headmaster." I breathe out. "You are a special girl Anora and I think it's time you finally realize it. "Realize what?" I ask. "I know you understand that life wants you dead but have you ever stopped to think about what death wants?" He asks, walking in. "What does death want?" I ask. His eyes twinkle and I look back down at the rose only to find that I was now holding a perfectly red rose. "Did you do that?" I ask him. "No, Anora." He smiles and as I close my eyes to think, when I open them again he is gone.