Chapter Nine

UNEDITED
Sorry for slow updates, I'm trying XD
---

I felt terrible when I woke up. My neck was sore from the rock I fell asleep on, my back was aching, and my feet felt like jello. The guys weren't much better, you could tell the felt as bad as me. The also had dirt, leaves, maybe some sticks on them, I probably didn't look that well myself.

I sit up and yawn, stretching, which only made my back hurt worse. I rubbed my tired e/c eyes and scanned the area. My eyes stopped on Jeff and Ej who were sleeping peacefully...ish. I stood up and made my way over to the shining, blue lake. It looked safe to drink so I cupped my hands in the water and brought the refreshing liquid to my cracked lips. The cold water ran down my throat, quenching my thirst. I lips my cracked lips before taking another sip. I looked around the lake for fish, but couldn't find any. I sigh and get up. 'If only Malcom was here...' I heard a groan and spun around to see them stir. When they finally awake, we all get as clean and refreshed as we could and set off to search for the town.

I flew up after awhile to check to see where we were. A little ways off, I could see a giant, wooden building. The top of the building could be seen pointing out of the trees, the rest hidden. My eyes widen. I fly down to where Jeff and Ej are in a hurry, anxious to get to the building. Dirt flew everywhere as I landed on the ground. Breathing heavily, I wiped dirt and sweat off my brow and said, "I found someplace to go. Just that way." I pointed to the way I spotted it. Jeff and Ej, in all their sweaty and stinky glory, nodded and we started running that way.

After a while of running, we made it to a wooden fence. I put my hand on it and peered into the property. There the wooden mansion like building stood quietly. It looked like nature had its way with the sides of the house, vines ran through the windows, decorated with pink, purple, and yellow flowers.
"This..uh..this is...nice?" Jeff raised and eyebrow. "Are you sure this is safe?"

"Probably not," I smirk at him. "But that's doesn't matter now, let's go!" I jumped the fence, Jeff and Rj followed suit. The creaked as I pushed it open. The light streamed through the door, casting rays onto the old wooden floor. The house was empty of furniture, but the stair case had an old, dusty, red carpet splayed on it. "Alright, cliche creepy mansion in the middle of the woods." The floor creaked as my heavy footsteps hit the floor. Stupid boots. Jeff looked ready to sneeze as dust particles flew around. My e/c eyes spotted something moving upstairs. "You guys look around down here, I'll go upstairs." Before they could protest, I ran upstairs.

I saw a red piece of fabric disappeared behind a doorway. I squinted my eyes and walked over to the door. Peering in, I see a figure cloaked in a red cloak. The cloak seemed like a white flower, dipped in red blood. The figure's arm had black fabric around it, I'm guessing they wore a black shirt. In their hand was a white stick with a red button. "A scythe..." I gasped. The figure chuckled, a feminine chuckle, and turned around. I gasped.
"Lilith?!"

"Hello, Y/n."

---

Yes it's short, but I'm working on the next one. Sorry for late updates. I have a lot of plans for the summer. I'm going to upload later with the 10th chapter. Have a nice day/night!

-Levi