Chapter 16 ✔️

Chase

Tonight is the night I meet my mate. I need to be certain everything is perfect. Several packs with relations to the pack are showing thanks to my father. I'll be sure to find her with as many people here as there is. My father seems to be certain that my mate is within our pack territory, but I think I'd have found her by now if she was within the territory. 

Walking into the ballroom it's once again alive with people buzzing about the party. The theme for parties here is almost always a throwback however, I've convinced my parents to let it be more on the 21st-century level rather than medieval ages. 

"Hey! Happy Birthday, bro!" My best friend jumps on my back being childish as always. With all his childish antics no one will expect him to be my beta, and that's exactly why he is. I trust him with my life. the only thing I worry about is what his mate will turn out to be like. Anyone who can put up with him in a relationship is just... something. 

"Thanks, man."

"Looks like your going to meet your mate tonight." He wiggles his eyebrows. Rolling my eyes I flip him off my back, and onto the ground. 

"Maybe you'll find yours too." I wink at him jokingly.  

"Ewe... man girls are gross, and over controlling, so I sure hope not." I laugh at his fear of 'cooties'.

"I sure hope their not all like that." My little sister resorts walking past. Before she escapes I grab her and pick her up. 

"And why's that Emmy" I lift one eyebrow, the sound of her giggling turns to laughing.

"Cause your mate will have them."

"What about Zach's mate?" Emily glances over at Zach. 

"Yea. What about my mate?" He pulls himself off the floor.

"What about her? You won't get one, and everyone knows it." I do my best to hold in my laughter, but looking over to Zach's face full of shock I fail. 

"Oh, Yea? What if I do? Huh?" He challenges her, picking fight with a little girl. That's my Beta. 

"Then He will be very handsome, and I will have two fully grown barbie dolls to dress up like girls." As his gauge drops, I laugh remembering the bet he made with Emily on who would win the Superbowl. He lost so she now gets to pick whichever day she wants and he must let her dress him up however she wants. I think she's saving it till he finds his mate so she can rattle him even more. 

"You just got told dude, and by a little girl!"

"Yea Whatever, I will prove you all wrong about this... Eventually." He walks off, and I set Emily back down. 

"Why don't you go find your kitty, and play with her Emmy?" I ask. I want finish getting the party set up before guests start ariving. 

"Can't, mom took her to the store, to get groomed." She turns around and walks aways bored with the conversation. She usually only joins conversations to make snarky remarks at Zach, but only because I put a dollar in her piggy bank for every time she can make him walk away from one of her comments. She's gotten great at it. 

Raylina

"Can we not? I'd rather do it myself." I whine.

"No. You are getting your hair done here. Plain, and simple." Sighing I sit back in the chair continuing to let the lady barber pull my hair in every which way. 

"Can I at least pick out some highlights in my favorite color?"

"Depends... What color?" She's going for it?

"Turquoise?"I look at Anna and smile at her, hoping she says yes. 

"We have a Deal." She speaks in the tone of the host from Deal Or No Deal, causing us to laugh. I had no idea what the show was until she made me watch 2 episodes on the way here, and now I love it. 

"For an adult, you sure know how to act childish..." I retort and glance over to her smiling. 

"Why thank you I do try." With that, she flips her hair, and I  can't help but laugh as the lady barber continues to poke and prod my hair.

Chase

I hop out of the shower and quickly dive into my clothing, before looking into the mirror. Guests will start arriving any time now, and I want to be out to greet them so I can spot my mate first thing. It's not a matter of if she shows up tonight, but when. Hopefully, it's within thirty minutes.

"Hey, Luke! Did you hear what happened to Zach yet?" I laugh ready to tell him what just happened in the ballroom. 

"Yea he got owned man, and by Zoe! Man, I wish I could smack talk like her." Did he say it was my cousin and not my little sister?

"We're talking about the same thing right?" I ask just to be clear.

"Yea, you were there and it was in the hall when you were taking Emily to the ballroom right?" That little snob lied, it was Emily who made fun of him.

"Zoe wasn't there"

"What do you mean? Zach said she was" I roll my eyes at Zach's fib to protect his ego, and explain what really happened.

"And little Emily said all that? Danm, I have to congratulate her. She's becoming a heck of a... sassy pants."  I chuckle. 

"If you really want to thank her slip five bucks in her piggy bank." Luke rolls his eye and starts walking away. 

"I can't believe you're still doing that, and just to tease Zach." I laugh heading off to the ballroom myself. Time for a party. 

°°°