chapter 2

FreddiePOV- We had finished rehearsals for the night, or what there was to rehearse though there wasn’t much we could do as Roger seemed to have disappeared again on a secret errand of his he was frequently doing lately. Tamarah came over towards me, taking a hold of my hand, the soft flesh of her hand placed within mine. She brushed her other hand against the side of my face, she always knew how to made a crap night better, just her presence took it all away. She grabbed me by the lapel and brought herself closer to me, she stood up on the tips of her toes to reach up and kiss me, her soft lips held against mine. I never wanted this feeling to end, my world was complete with her. “get a room” someone said, I wasn’t paying attention till Tamarah backed away and leaving me to fall backwards onto the couch, it was brian that spoke he looked exhausted. I heard Tamarah giggling as she went to the kitchen Brian was not the only one to walk through the door, If I thought brian looked bad, I obviously hadn’t seen Roger lately. Deep bags under his eyes and he was shaking like mad as if he just got out of a mental house after being stuck in there for 10 years. “and where exactly have you been?” I asked him sitting back up properly, though he casually ignored me as he walked over to the fridge to grab out a bottle of vodka, its how he suppressed his emotions lately.

“out” was his simple reply. Brian was with Josie, spinning her around whilst they embraced, and john was outside on the back verandah with Camille, looking at the city lights, or well that’s what they say. Tamarah came back in with two bowls of ice-cream, and a cat stalking her side. She sat down beside me and passed me one of the two bowls, I pecked a kiss on her cheek before beginning to eat my ice-cream. “Roger dear, you couldn’t have simply of been out, whats the matter?” I asked him as he took another swig at his vodka, how I hated it when he just sat there drinking. “nothing” he replied before getting up to put the empty bottle in the bin. Tamarah picked up the plates and put them on the table before turning to me and kissed my cheek. There was a sigh within the room, it was Roger, something was bothering him. I looked up to find him walking off towards his room and slamming the door behind him. A newly placed ‘do not disturb sign’ making its statement by rattling against the door.Something was wrong with Roger, this was far from his usual behavior, though this behavior has been occurring for the past 4 months that I have forgotten what he was like… if anyone has the capability to worry me it is him, he was very good at disguising his emotions but there is definitely something bothering him.