chapter 17

John POV

 I woke up to loud footsteps running around outside, making it impossible to go to sleep so i rolled over to watch her whilst she slept. Her hair draped over her face and her arms wrapped around me, her soft breathing all that i could hear. Stroking her face with the back of my hand as light as i could, trying not to wake her.

I didn’t want her to ever leave me, my world would cease to exist without her, her eyes fluttered open, staring at me and a smile appeared on her face, i returned the smile and kissed her forehead. The door suddenly opened, slamming against the wall, i jumped up as if i was going to get out of my body and leave it.

It was only roger, her high pitch laugh ringing through my ears. He just stood there looking at me confused, i ignored him and went back to play with a strand of her hair. But she was gone, she was never actually there, it had been a day and i still see her everywhere, her voice, her hair everything, all implanted into my brain never forgetting her, it was hell, i wanted to forget her but she never left.

I rolled onto my back, just staring up at the ceiling, my eyes stinging, i was trying not to cry again, ive been doing that too often, and it wasn’t good for me, i had to get over her, she wasn’t going to come back so whats the point of living this life just waiting for her.

“come on, we are packing up and getting ready to leave”

Roger said, i wasn’t in the mood, my stuff was still everywhere nothing was packed, even though it was all mine now, everything of her left when she did. I didn’t do anything but stare at him, not bothered in doing anything, he just walked away, leaving the door wide open, he was trying to keep me company, cheer me up in a way, but he was getting sick of it, that was evident, i was bringing the whole band down, everything is going to breakdown and we wont exist.

I ran my fingers through my hair, one of these days im going to cut it, its all going to go, it was too long as it is,  and just was too difficult to look after. I started to throw everything in the boxes, not even bothering if they weren’t put in nicely, i just had to get it over and done with, i was already a day behind.

Everything was practically packed, other than the sheets on the bed, and the items on the bedside table, everything else stripped bare, it was empty, nothing, the white walls glaring with the light seeping through the blinds.

I had a piece of paper in my fingers, weaving it, rolling it folding the corners. I stared at the numbers on the paper, contemplating whether or not to call it. Her neat handwriting getting destroyed by my frantic hands fiddling with the piece of paper, I was probably about to rip it anytime soon.

I listened to the dial tone, what the hell am i doing, just calling her up out of the blue.  I swore to myself that i would never call her, john your an idiot, no one would go out for coffee with you, especially someone like her. The tone stopped, someone had answered, I pushed the mouth piece away from my face so I didn’t give myself away by my heavy breathing.

“hello”

A voice asked questionably, it was very deep, i must have the wrong number for a man to answer the call, or someone has already beat me to her, which would be highly likely for someone such as herself, she was like a crystal shinning for everyone to see, to want her but she already belonged to someone without anyone knowing so.

“Hello!!”

The voice asked again, alot rougher this time, i could just simply hang up the phone and never try again, get her out of my head and act as though nothing had ever happened, that i had never laid eyes upon such a beautiful girl such as herself, i knew it was too good to be true to actually be her real number.