chapter 12

John POV

I was in a deep sleep, in my calm zone. It was peaceful and nothing to worry about and Camille was there, which always makes sleeping better. And my sleep would have been excellent if it wasn’t for the fact that i was woken by a sudden burst of coldness over my face, instantly waking me up. I opened my eyes to find brian standing above me with a vase tipped over me, his own hair hanging from being saturated and his facial expressions were highly unimpressed as if he too had been abruptly woken from his own sleep for no genuine reason.

“don’t ask”

He flatly said before walking off out of the room, still half asleep and walking into the frame of the door and cursing to himself. I heard someone laughing in the distance, i sat up yawning and wiping the sleep out of my eyes, a bunch of flowers tumbling as i lifted myself up, smart man he was, didn’t even remove the flowers, now they are going to die.

Camille wasn’t in the bed beside me, i must have pulled a stupid face because some began to laugh again, this time more recognisable than the last, i knew exactly who it was. I teased my hair, though it not really working because of how soaked it was, i was only trying to pull it out of my eyes. I got up and i hadn’t walked five steps before she ran out of nowhere, jumping on me and catching her at the right time.

“ morning”

She whispered into my ear, wrapping her arms around my neck, even though my hair and back were completely saturated, she didn’t seem to care. She kissed me, her lips touching mine, the sensation as if fireworks were going off within in, my breathing became uneven, her perfume wafting my senses and making me unsteady.

Calm john, calm down.

I thought to myself, it always happened when i was around her, i would always become shy and back off when she acted like this, i love her, yes, more than the world, but the outburst of emotions, i don’t know how to deal with them, i always feel somewhat less shy around her till she behaves like this, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, its comprehending it all that i find difficult.

“goodmorning.... love”

I stammered, nervousness hinted in my voice, nothing unusual. I fell back onto the bed, my back hitting the soft mattress of the bed, her laugh high and shrill laugh ringing through my ears; it was the most beautiful noise her laugh was.  She rested her arms on my chest, and laid her head on them, looking into my eyes.

I picked up a lock of her hair, soft burgundy red, smelling of fresh strawberries and twirled it around my finger, the soft curl bouncing as i released it.  I began to doze back off into a sleep, she drawing random patterns and shapes with her finger on my chest, myself drifting in and out of consciousness, until they finally closed and stayed like that.

“Come on John, Up and out, i didn’t get brian to wake you up like that for no reason!”

I heard someone yell, i instantly became awake, Camille laughing at the expression appearing on my face, she always seemed to do that, i never found myself that funny, but she did. She stood up handing me a shirt, i didn’t care what colour, just as long as it was clean and dry, thats all that mattered to me.

I threw it on, not even checking if it was in the right way. Freddieseemed eager to tell us something though none of us having a clue of knowing what, he was very secretive that way. I got into the lounge room, Brian on the couch and Josie by his side, so i decided to take a recliner, and Camille being as energetic as she possibly could, cam and jumped on my lap, throwing her arms back around my neck and kissing me.

“wheres Roger?”

I asked. Brian didn’t even bother looking at me, he was in a fully fledged conversation with Jo and nothing could stop him from talking once he had begun and  the conversation was perceived by him as going well. Freddiewas attempting to cook, though Roger generally done that, as he has an impeccable sense of cooking and taste of food, Tamarah was on beverages which for all of us are tea, nothing else.