Chapter Twelve

To say Phil was a mess was an understatement. Not only from his looks, but from the way his thoughts were jumbled and torn, by the way his hearing was foggy and he was barely able to move; but in the mix of the screams of accusations and his name, one voice stuck out to him.

"Phil." Grace's surprisingly calm voice rang across the room, cutting through the air like a the blades that had been dragged across his skin. "Put the gun down."

Phil slowly uncurled his fingers one by one until the gun dropped to the floor with a loud thud that sent a ringing through his ears. He regretted not shooting Dan when he had the chance, but he didn't want to disobey his love.

Dan; him and Grace now fully clothed; couldn't believe what was happening. The one moment he could stop thinking about Phil was the moment that he showed up, half dead holding a gun, in Dan's girlfriend's house, of all places. Why was he here? Was this even real?

"Phil!" Dan rushed into his friends arms, but quickly got pushed back with an incredible amount of force.

"Get off of me," Phil mumbled, sinking to the ground. The carpet was surprisingly soft, and Phil could feel himself melting away into oblivion.

Dan fell to the floor from Phil's push and lied there for a moment, his chocolate eyes focused on Grace's stone cold face. "What did you do to him?" Dan sobbed, the tears suddenly flowing from his eyes, nearly drowning him.

"Oh, you'll see," she answered.

The last thing Dan saw was a devious smile creep up her face, taking over her beautiful features and turning her wicked.

Oh tragedy, it's been five days! Oh the horror! Blah, blah, blah! Seriously, friends?

Wow. Apparently I'm deeply needed.

Four hundred reads, holy fucking shit! You're beautiful!

I would say more, but my brain has turned to mush, so...

Yeah.

Bye!