Para-Noir

As promised, another chapter...which may make you a little annoyed at me ;)

Hehehe...Enjoy!!

Chapter 6: Para-Noir

In time, Marilyn introduced me to the Osborn’s and I became good friends with them all. As such, I went mainly between work, my house, Marilyn’s and the Osborn’s; and, occasionally, I would do odd jobs and pick things up for them around town. At times it felt like I was a glorified taxi-driver or maid…

It was a bad day for me to begin with. My good friend Beth had gone back into hospital for another bout of radiotherapy. Poor thing had been diagnosed with brain cancer, but she was doing anything and everything she could to fight it. But, when Sharon Osborn called and asked me to pick up some bags from Marilyn’s, I went and did it anyway. I thought it would be good to see Marilyn again as it had been two weeks since I last had.

I’d been trying to pluck up the courage to tell him how I felt about him for nearly three months but I still hadn’t been able to do it.

‘Today.’ I thought nervously. ‘Today I’ll tell him.’

I parked out the front of Marilyn’s and walked through the courtyard area in front of his house to the front door. As I knocked I heard something fall over, with an incredibly audible ‘bang’, and Marilyn curse loudly.

When he opened the door, his expression changed from one of annoyance to one of complete shock in an instant.

“Hey.” I smiled, my cheeks going slightly pink as I drank in the sight of him…he was wearing silk boxers. That was all. “Sharon sent me round to pick up some…bags. Apparently you’re supposed to know what that means…”

“Yeah, I do…um…come in. I’ll just get them.” He replied, letting me in.

As soon as I was in though, I wanted out. There, on his couch was a beautiful, half naked blonde. I looked away instantly, regretting this trip on a number of levels. I felt my chest and throat tighten in the distinctive way you always recognise when you are stopping yourself from crying. I hadn’t known anything that could hurt this bad…ever.

I could feel the gaze of the blonde burning into the back of my skull. “Your little friend here is…kinda innocent, Marilyn.”

“Yeah, just a bit.” I heard him reply as he came back into the room. “Here you go.” He continued, handing me the bags I’d come to collect.

“Thanks.” I replied, my voice now void of all emotion. “I’ll let you get back to it.”

“Wait,” he moved to touch my arm gently, but when I flinched away he looked…hurt. “Are… are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” I replied, but the catch in my voice wasn’t helping my case. I knew I was nearly crying. “Bye.”

I turned and walked, nearly ran would be more precise, out the door. I’d nearly made it to my car when I heard his front door open and his voice calling my name. ‘Oh, God.’ I thought, and hurriedly loaded the bags into my car and scrambled round to the driver’s door. I saw him come out the gate that lead to the courtyard, calling out to me with anxious eyes, as I slammed my foot down on the accelerator and sped off.

Finally, the tears could fall. Finally… I could scream the pain out of my system. I could never have him. And nobody would ever know how much I hurt inside.

_______________________________________________

Sooooo? ;)

Whataya think?! Do comment and tell me! Oh! And don't forget to vote!!