Chapter Nineteen

I woke up gasping, just like in Valhalla. My lungs couldn't suck in air fast enough. Something was wrong, very wrong. Oh that's it! I was in the dark. Suddenly the walls got very tight, and something was making a scratching sound on the top. I was being buried alive!
'Wait! Stop! I'm not dead! Let me out!' I tried to say. My voice hadn't returned yet, so I just banged my fists on the roof. No answer. This is it, I get a second chance with my life and I'm just going to die here buried alive. How pathetic. Tears started to pool in my eyes. I violently wiped them away.
'God Max, why are you such an emotional wreck lately?' I thought. In a last ditch effort to free myself, I started scratching, pounding, and punching everything around me, of course accompanied by an array of animalistic noises. The sickening sound of dirt on the roof stopped, and I banged around some more, hoping that maybe, they heard me.
The casket lurched and I realized I was being lifted up out of the ground. Light flooded my eyes and I reached up to cover my face.
"Max? Wha...? How?" Someone said.
"Hhnngngg..." My brain wasn't working like it should and I couldn't talk. Another person lifted me up and I groaned. "So much...light." My eyes weren't ready for broad daylight after being closed for who knows how long. Blinking, I saw Thor smiling down at me. I smiled back, and he set me down.
"Uh, I'm not dead?" I said almost falling over.