Chapter 10: Mate

Noah

I dreaded these next moments as I entered the living room to have a deep discussion with someone who didn't want me. I even began to fight with my wolf, who knew way more than I did.

I think I love her. Why the fuck would I love someone I met a week ago? I'm 20 years old and an Alpha of my own pack. I own a house, car, heck I have 25 wolves out there willing to die for me? And now suddenly she comes along and everything has to change and they wanna die for her too. I would die for her too. Why? Why did I go to that high school? I graduated years ago but I smelled her and had to have her and now we're here. She'll leave me.

Son. You think too much. Shut up and talk to her. My dad's voice boomed in my mind.

What he said. Thomas, my wolf, answered.

"Sit here and be quiet. No comments that you wanna go home or don't understand because, frankly, I don't understand either. I am fairly new to the mate thing and I am in the same boat as you are." I spoke. 

She moved to the far side of the couch, not speaking or looking at me. I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt until I can think of the words to say. 

Tell her what you feel and I will help you. Thomas encouraged.

"Babe err-- Emily. I had fought with my dad that morning we met because I didn't feel I was ready to become an Alpha. I didn't think I was good enough and I had wished my older brother was here to help me instead of running off into the woods. I wanted to be a normal student again. One who loves math and science and learning. I wanted to be valedictorian or someone PEOPLE would remember. I walked into that class feeling hopeless and unwanted and then I could feel you. I knew you were there and what you were. You were my mate. The one perfect thing that is supposed to come out of a werewolf's life. I became whole, I felt wanted and respected, and I knew I could be Alpha and protect my pack because from the moment I knew you existed I wanted to protect you." I took a big breath tossing caution to the wind knowing, Thomas, was there to help with the next part.

 "I am falling in love with you, Emily Daniels and I know nothing about you. My wolf already loves you and wants to ...mate.. with you. I know that sounds awful but it's just the wolf way. I would never hurt you or make you do something you didn't want too. I want you to think openly about this and to ask any questions you want to. I want to get to know you and to be with you. But I know that is a lot to ask of and that you have a family and a life away from me so I would understand if this life isn't what you want. You will always be a wolf and you will always be my mate but I can feel right now that you don't feel the same as I do. I am letting you go. I will reject you if you want me too. You can go home and act normal and maybe you'll meet a nice guy in college, but if you do leave know that you will forever be incomplete and hurt. You will feel like something is missing, like someone is missing. I will too."

 I finally stood back, looking away from her as tears threatened to fall from my eyes at the thought of her leaving again. My wolf ached for her especially since she was right in front of us. He wanted her here and now, to mate her and mark her and to make her his completely.  

I don't know if I can be Alpha if she leaves me

Thomas paused his pacing in the back of mind and sat down sandy tail all ruffled.

We don't have a choice anymore. 

A knock from the door broke the awkward silence that was instilled in us. I wiped my eyes and looked at her, noticing she wiped hers as well.

"Come in, Brad." 

Brad opened the door and stood in the way looking from my face to hers as I shook my head and started towards him. 

"I'll stay and get to know you, but only if I get to see my family too." Her soft voice cracked through the silence. 

I sighed and a small smile appeared on my face.

"Thank you babe." I whispered to her as I left with Brad, closing the door behind me.