Chapter 19: Life's a Bitch

Emily

Nooahh.

I could barely hear him. It felt like my ears were throbbing. The green eyed man stood in front of me, watching the blood pour from my mouth as he punched me again and again. He grabbed my face and spit on it. Dropping me to the floor, he moved to the torture table. He picked up a knife and brought it closer to where my body was hung on the wall. My arms and legs tacked to the wall with silver chains. Each moment burnt them. Nothing compared to the burn I felt when he touched me.

"Pleas-e." I managed to throw out. "St-op." The tears fell off my soft cheeks, cracked with dry blood from my forehead. My arm was broke and there was a knife sticking out of my thigh. I felt like I was dying. I knew I was dying. I just wanted to see Noah. I wanted him.

Where is he?

The same question that had been through my head since this man dragged me here. He grabbed my chin again and kissed it roughly causing my mark to sear. He pulled away licking up the blood on my face. I heard a howl of pain in the direction of the tunnel's opening.

Noah. I sighed with a busted smile.

The man in front of me smiled his evil smile while grabbing a fist full of my matted hair. He pulled me to his face.

"Do you know why you're here, love?" His voice dripped with satisfaction. I shook my head weakly. He leaned in close to my ear, his lips tickling it.

"I'm going to make you watch him die." I cried out when he forced my head down with a smack. The tears started flowing again as I tried to figure out how to get out of here. My head hung low and suddenly I smelt the sweet smell of aftershave and the woods. I shook my head trying to get him to hear me.

No.. please..go..

I can't wa-tch youu di-e

I lost all the strength I have, slipping deeper and deeper into unconsciousness only to be pulled right back out with what feels like a heated spear to my stomach.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I popped open my eyes to see the man running his finger nails from my side to my stomach leaving big black scars that burn like Satan himself is striking me. The nails were gone in a moment and I saw a sandy blur crash into the man. The man steadied himself and looked around the room. I felt hands on my legs undoing the chains, someone was cursing at the pain the silver was giving them. I was happy to feel my legs not burning and soon my arms are free as well. I fell into the arms of my rescuer wrapping myself into them. His voice was at my ear murmuring sweet nothings. I pulled my head back to see what kind of heaven I had been blessed with. Noah's blue eyes pierced into my soul. They were lined with threatening tears. I smiled and felt his hand against my cheek.

"This must be the best heaven." I said weakly. His smile changed as he realized I was slipping away from him. He laid me down and turned to the man holding me captive.

"You son of a bitch." Noah roared, grabbing the man by his face shoving him against the cave wall.

"Careful how you talk about our mommy." Declan sneered at him using his own strength to push Noah away. Noah threw a punch which connected to Declan's cheek, but soon Declan was on top of Noah choking him.

"I told her she was going to watch you die. Look over here sweetheart." He spoke to me. I tried to look away but felt a darker force making me watch as though someone was there holding me in place.

"Noah." I looked at him. His eyes were worried but he quickly covered it up and looked at me. His eyes changed.

They turned black.

He stared back at Declan, letting his dark side take over.

"Two can play at that game." He smashed Declan's head into the floor. I heard a body part break and someone cried out. I closed my eyes, wishing the pain in my stomach would stop. It got very silent after awhile and I felt someone pick me up, carrying me through the tunnel. I heard the floor turn to gravel then to snapping leaves and I knew we were in the forest.

"Please kill me quickly. I can't live without him." Squeezing my eyes shut, knowing they won't be Noah's daring ones.

To my surprise, I felt a soft kiss placed on my busted lip. My eyes darted open as fast as they could and I smirked grabbing a fistful of his hair and pushing his lips to mine. Noah's lips moved with mine in such a way I felt myself getting stronger. He pulled back and rested his head in the crook of my neck, by my mark. Just his breath on it makes me shiver. I felt myself slipping slowly back into unconsciousness so my body can heal itself. I was barely awake when I heard the soft words that would forever tug my heart.

"I love you, Emily." Noah's voice stayed in the back of my mind.

I smiled, falling into a deep sleep.