Chapter 14: Not Until You're Ready

Noah

Part of me was dying. I knew it. The good part was losing and soon the evil would take over.

I'll hurt her.

Not if I can help it. Thomas barked.

She kissed me passionately and I pulled away from her.

"No." I said and got up from the floor going to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and washed the sweat from my body and the dirty thoughts from my mind. I wanted to be with her, in all ways. But I was not going to do it after that. I was not going to make her feel like she had to. I want her to want me because she's in love with me.

I turned off the water and walked into my room, water from my hair still dripping down my shoulders. my hands grasped my old worn towel but even then I knew it hung off my hips. Emily was coming out of the closet in my t-shirt. Her hair was up in a wavy ponytail and she had on black tights.

Who in the hell knows where she got those.

Probably Haylee.

She stared at me and then covered her eyes swiftly, turning her back to me.

I walked behind her and stopped just short of touching her. I knew she could sense me as I could her. Her body wanted me, it was betraying her heart. I didn't want her fully until her heart wanted me as well.

Kissing couldn't hurt though, right? I asked myself.

I turned her around and took her hands from her eyes. Her brown eyes stared from my own eyes to my lips. I knew she wanted to kiss me, I could smell her arousal. I leaned in, letting her finish the way. Our lips touched and the spark I felt before shot through my body. I ignored the pain aching in my scars and held her softly. He body felt small against mine, but my love grew quickly. I pulled away and brushed the hair from her face.

My Luna

"Did I mention what it means for you that I am Alpha of this pack?" She shook her head, looking at me expecting me to finish my words.

"You and I will one day rule these people. These wolves. Together." I paused, letting her absorb the information. She only nodded her head and signaled for me to continue.

"Part of being leaders is producing an heir.. to take our place when we step down." I said slowly. Her face screwed up in realization.

"We have to have children?" She stated as more than just a question.

"We'll have a couple pups." I answered. She walked away and sat on the bed.

"Are you ok?"

"No, Noah. Why would I be ok? I just found out one day I'm going to have control over my own werewolf pack and I have to have.. what did you call it.. pups? With a complete stranger I met little over a month ago." Her voice was very condescending.  The Alpha in me wanted to tell her off, but I knew that now was not the time to show dominance.

"We have to marry soon."

"What?" She shot me a look.

"We have to get married soon. And complete the mating ritual."

She stomped up to me and slapped me. "You're just now telling me that we have to get married?!" Her anger was bursting. "I'm supposed to be finishing high school Noah!" I grabbed her hand and I know the darkness is winning over me.

"Ow, that hurts!" She pushed me away with the other hand.

"Stop you're fucking complaining. You will marry me and you will obey me or I'll throw you in the fucking basement." I heard the words coming out of my mouth and I knew they were sinister but I couldn't stop them from seething out. She backed away from me, hurt obvious on her face but she quickly recovered and annoyance took it's place.

"I thought you weren't an asshole. Boy was I wrong." She continued to defy me. In fact, my words seemed to make her even more angry. Perhaps my darkness had met it's match.

"I'm sorry." I walked out of the bedroom in my towel and made my way outside, dropping my towel and changing into my wolf. I ran until my paws hurt.

We should head back.

Thomas urged me to turn around and go home. I didn't want to go home to her but my heart ached without her. I could sense her anger and sadness. She just wanted to go home.

But my home was with her. My future was with her and damn it I knew I was being a dick.

Sighing loudly, I turned around and headed back towards the house. I wouldn't go home yet but I would at least head back to pack lands.