Chapter 18

It has been a month and 21 days since Blu's birthday. And prom... It was in 2 days. We knew about it a week ago, and Blu still hasn't asked me. Should I be worried? Plus, Taylor and I still weren't on good terms. Everything was so overwhelming.

School had ended a while ago, and I just arrived home. Both my parents were gone at work like every other day. My mom worked all the time since she was a nurse while my dad was home at 6.

I was confused when I saw Blu's car in my driveway. Time to figure out why he's here. I turned my car off, and got out, hopping (not literally!) to the front door.

I opened it, and I was suddenly being twirled around. I was put down and met with Blu's colorless eyes.

"Hey, babe!" Blu smiled.

I chuckled, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I have to ask you something..." He told me, looking down. I noticed he did that when he was nervous, but then again, who didn't?

"Mm, what is it? Nothing bad, right?" I questioned.

"Of course not," Blu rolled his eyes. "I wanted to ask if you would like to go on the dance with me..."

"Duh!" I grinned, hugging the life out of him.

He hugged me back, nuzzling his nose in my hair. "I love you," he whispered.

That had been a reoccurring sentence ever since we said the 3 words the first time. "I love you, too."

"I thought you were gonna do something romantic," I said when we pulled away from each other.

His face fell. "I'm sorry," he looked down again.

"I was just kidding, babe," I laughed. "I don't need anything romantic. I mean, you already took me to Las Vegas."

"Yeah, I know you liked that."

"I loved it. Now, how about we celebrate by watching Harry Potter?"

"Anything for you, love," Blu kissed me softly.

I blushed, and kissed back. "Now come on! We don't have all day..."

"Yeah, we only have like a couple of hours," Blu said.

"Don't be a smartass," I chuckled, starting to go up the stairs.

Blu suddenly picked me up, and carried me up the stairs bridal style.

"Blu!" I shrieked. "What are you doing?"

He didn't say anything, and once we got to my room, he gently threw me onto my bed. He laid next to me, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love you," he whispered.

I grinned, "And I love you."

The next day was even more overwhelming than yesterday. I didn't have a suit which meant I couldn't go to prom. And even though I was gay, I didn't have a great fashion sense. I needed help, and the only person who could help me was Taylor. And maybe Ava. But... Taylor and I needed some serious bonding time.

I grabbed my phone, and slowly dialed her number that I knew by heart. I put it up to my ear, and on the second ring, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Taylor, uh, hi," I said.

It was a while before she spoke. "Hi."

"I'm sorry about before. This would have happened either way, though. I should have told you in the beginning before you developed feelings for Blu," I sighed.