True Friends or Hidden Enemy

Ridhima woke up with heavy headache, she closed her eye to forget everything that happened yesterday but there's no quick fix to this pain her heart was shattered and her engagement was broken. She sniffed back the tears and got ready for office, today she is going to discuss about the project with Ronit, she rummaged through first aid box for pain killer, "I need to look and feel presentable today, no more crying, I don't want my work gets hamper, this is my first photography project" she though and took a glass of water from her table mixed two tablets and drank.She walks down to dining hall where her parent and her sister were sitting and waiting for her "good morning dad" she kissed his cheeks her father nodded without showing emotions " mama what's for breakfast" she said while sitting on her chair " hmm smells good right Rinki" she smiled and took bite of food, she looked at her father who was in bad mood.

"Dad I am fine please" she went to her dad and hug him from behind. "Ridhima I know you are fine but it's difficult to understand why this decision is taken why don't you and Pranav sit and talk about it properly" he massaged his head and said.

Ridhima slowly turned away and went back to her room she grab her bag from table and walked out "Pranav is not ready to listen, he asked me to answer in one word, so I said No I am not going to shift to Nasik or quit my job" she smiled at her mom and went to her office.

Ronit was sitting on his leather chair, tapping pen on his desk "Ridhima" he whispered and checked his wrist watch , his intercom buzzed ,he picked it up "yes" he said "Ridhima mam is here Mr. Kapoor" his receptionist told him.

"Send her in", he said and put down the receiver he was waiting for Ridhima and finally she is here. He got up and walk to the window , it was raining it reminds him of that night when he meet Ridhima for the first time and the kiss they shared , a knock at door cut his train of thought.

Ridhima step inside hesitantly "Good morning Mr. Kapoor" she said without looking at him.

Ronit took a deep breath, "back to Mr. Kapoor" he thought, he put his hand in his pockets and slowly walk towards her "you are 2 minute late miss Khanna" he said while checking clock hanging just above the cabin door.

"Ronit just two minutes "she hesitantly smiled "that's like my friend I thought we were again back with Mr. and miss thingy"...he smiled at her

Ridhima just nodded , she was avoiding eye contact , Ronit lifted her chin with one finger " you don't look well , you cried last night" he asked looking at her ,Ridhima just nodded. He slowly took her hand and gathered her into a hug, she tried not to cry but she was not able to stop herself , Ronit pulled back and rubbed away her tears with his thumb ...he pulled out chair "sit and have some water" she nodded and took a glass of water from him .

"I know how it feels Ridhima but you should stop thinking about him, it will hurt you. I have been through this and I was wrong I was hurting myself. I don't want you to do this to yourself" he said and looked into her eyes.

"I am hungry" he half smiled he want to make the atmosphere light she is doesn't look at all fine he thought, she looked at him with wide eyes, "what I am hungry I didn't have breakfast" he shrugged "um OK" Ridhima got up and pulled out the receiver and ordered food from office cafeteria.

After having breakfast they both discuss about the project, location and sites about the team who will work under Ridhima and finally the date of shoot, "my best friend Karan has some resorts' and palace hotel in Rajasthan we can ask" his voice was filled with confidence as if he knows this shoot is going to be hit.