Separation

I was in another dream. There was no sign of a road or anything that pointed to civilization. There were only two people, the other me and Noctis. They stumbled about through the woods when suddenly the other me stopped in his tracks. He raised his hand and seemed to focus heavily on it. The tips of his fingers stared to glow bright green. The green light would leave a trail of for a few seconds from even the slightest movement. He moved his fingers tight together and pressed them on the middle of his chest. He spread his fingers apart and was bathed in the green light. The light faded and he returned to normal. Noctis just waited until his partner was done.

"Alright, what did that do?" Noctis asked, for once there was something he didn't know.

"A little trick I learned." The other me stated. He held out his left hand and black fire erupted from it. He casted a fire spell as easily as I would lighting.

"Alright, how are you learning all of this? I've been with you the whole way and all you've done was pull power and knowledge from your sleeves. And the only explanation you've told me was-"

"Yes Crow, I've told you time and time again. I see it in my dreams." The other me shrugged,"I can't help it if you don't believe me."

Noctis scoffed. "Again with the dreams. Is that why you drove Alex and Nix away? Did you really have to threaten them? All because of a stupid dream Cole, they just wanted to help."

The other me glared at Noctis. "Crow! I don't regret what I did. I know in the beginning I was irresponsible. But the things I've seen, I know what the FPA are up to. And I know what I need to do." There was a long pause before the other me spoke again. "What I need to do alone. I want you to go back and find Alex."

"Are you stupid? I'm not gonna leave you to do this all on your own. Besides this is my problem. I dragged you into all of this, it's my responsibility Cole. If anyone takes down the FPA it should be me."

The other me just stood there silently. As if he was contemplating over what Noctis told him.

"Well?" Noctis continued.

"Crow, this is bigger than you. If they succeed in their plans, they will change the world. No, keep Alex safe. I'm ready to handle this."

"You're insane. They'll kill you." Crow insisted.

The other me turned his back towards Noctis and started to continue on his way. "If it comes to that, at least you guys will be safe."

"Since when have you ever cared about anyone other than yourself!?" Noctis shouted, louder than he expected to. So loud it made the other me face him with a puzzled look. Then his gaze fell to the ground.

"I've always cared... Noctis." Noctis was speechless. An immeasurable amount of time passed before the other me turned to walk away. "Please take care of them. Tell Alex I'll be back soon."

Noctis still couldn't believe what he just heard. Even when the other me walked off deeper into the woods, completely disappearing from sight.

He stood there, torn if he should go after the other me, or go off in the direction of Alex. He disappeared into a flock of crows and headed in the opposite direction of the other me. Wherever the other me was going from then, he was going alone.