chapter 3

I open my eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light shining in through the window. I look around, forgetting where I am, but quickly remembering.

"You awake?" I hear Louis say.

I sit up on the couch.

"Yea," I say groggily and see him at the stove, cooking eggs.

"Where's Eleanor?"

"School," he says and shakes salt and pepper into the pan.

"Come 'ere." He says and gestures towards the 4- seater table in the kitchen.

I get off the couch and start walking and realize that, unlike most times when I sleep on couches, my back didn't hurt.

"That's a good couch you got there," I say, sitting down.

He brings me a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon and a glass of orange juice, then returns to the counter to get his own and sits down across from me.

"It was a gift from my mum." He says, clearing his throat.

"Well she has very good taste in couches." I say and start chewing on a piece of bacon.

"So the band," I start and he nods.

"What did you tell them about me?"

He takes a sip of his orange juice. "I said that I found out who my real father is, and he has two other kids, the daughter, my sister, is coming here for uni and I want to get to know her."

"Sounds good."

"So tell me about Peter." He says, looking at me intently.

"He's going into 6th grade in the fall, he's annoying," I say, laughing "He like Oreos, hates cheese, and is best friends with our stepbrother. They're the same age so you know." I finish and eat my eggs.

"You think...your mum would let me meet him? I mean, how did she react to you coming here?"

"She was okay with it. I mean, she knows how much of an ass dad is, and she knew I would be safe with you so she was okay with me coming early." I say and smile.

"She knew you would be safe with me?" He says with a smirk.

I laugh, "I told you I was a directioner, so she kinda has to listen to me talk about you guys 24/7. Honestly," I say sipping orange juice "She has a crush on Zayn."

We both erupt into laughter and finish eating our breakfast and decide to head out. I was still waiting for my mom to send me the rest of my clothes from back home and didn't have much a choice in weather- appropriate clothing, so Louis lent me his New Wave tank top and I tucked the shirt into my denim shorts. Louis was driving to meet the boys at Harry's place, and asked if it was okay if we stopped at Starbucks.

"Lou, i'm 50% white, what do you mean is it okay if we go to Starbucks?" I say giggling, and hopping out the car.

"50% white? Your mom isn't white?" He asks, shutting the car door behind him and starting to walk into the coffee shop.

"My mom is the white one...I take it dad didn't tell you?" I ask.

"Well...what's dad?" He asks, a wave of confusion rushing over his face.

"Dad is - yeah a grande caramel frapuccino, thanks - dad is Puerto Rican.

"

"So I'm - uh, grande java chip - I'm half Spanish. I always thought I was English. He says, pulling out his wallet to pay the girl. "But the last name, Pope?"