chapter 12

"Oh shit! I didn't realize how late it is, I gotta get Eleanor for lunch!" Louis shouts and jolts off the couch.

"Where is she anyway?" I ask and hand him his jacket.

"Studying at the library."

"Yea, she's been schooling ever since I got here. It's July."

"She wants to graduate early, so she's been taking summer courses."

"That's impressive, I would never be able to be in school all year." Really, how does she balance everything?

"Well Eleanor's an impressive girl."

He soon leaves to bring his girlfriend to lunch and I'm left alone with no means of transportation.

Now I sort of regret not going to the hospital. My arm really hurts me and is starting to bruise around the scab. Where did the other car go anyway? How could I have not seen another car driving straight towards me? I completely forgot that my phone was ringing, and that's what diverted me from the road. But who called?

I pick up my phone and click on my call history and scroll down to yesterday evening.

What the fuck?

Landon called. Landon Butler, my ex boyfriend caused my car crash. Something deep inside wants me to find out why he called. That part deep down is the part that clicked his name and dialed.

"Well look who it is, Ms. Analynne Pope." He answers.

"Seriously?" I growl.

"You're mad at me? We dated for over a year and you never mentioned that Tommo is your brother. I should be mad at you."

"Why are you calling?"

"Does he know that you love him? What about the other fags? Do they know?" How does he manage to be such a dick over the phone?

"Stop, okay. My brother and I perfectly fine. So are his band mates."

It still feels weird calling Louis my brother, especially to other people.

"So what's up?" He asks.

"You called me. I would've answered before but you kind of caused me to get rammed by a car so..."

"Are you okay?" He's so insincere.

"Does your wife need you? How about your baby, where's he at?" Ijab.

I hear him clench his teeth.

"I didn't marry her."

"Landon you got her pregnant the day after my birthday, got married, and skipped town in case you don't recall."

"It was the day before your birthday, okay. And I never married Renny, we ran away, but that's it. I have a daughter too, not a son."

"Okay. Goodbye." I say and reach to hang up.

"Wait!" He yells, "How can you still be mad at me?"

"How can I not? I don't think I'll ever forgive you for something like that. I trusted you so much...you know everything about me."

"Yea, you're right. I have to go, baby May is crying."
I go to hang up again but stop myself.

"Wait, what's your daughter's name?" Did he say May?

"May. Fuck Ana I really have to go."

Why should I accommodate him? 
"You named her after me." I smile. 

"No, Renny chose it. Goodbye." He chokes out.

"Tell Renny I said 'hi'."

He hangs up before I can retaliate, not that I had much more to say anyway. I sit in my little 'aura' of peacefulness for a little before deciding to take a nap. Or at least just get a little peaceful, undisturbed slumber. I carry myself back into the bedroom, and even though I just changed into clean clothes only a half hour ago, I dispose of them and quickly re-dress myself in pajamas and hop into bed. I only hope that a little rest will lift some of the stress off of my shoulders.