chapter 17: Part 2

"Did you say?" Louis barely finishes a sentence.

"Um dad, it's not a good time right now." I say, trying to keep calm.

"I'm your father, there's always time for me." He walks past me into the apartment.

"Mr. Pope, uh, can you come back tomorrow?" Charlotte says, rushing into the house.

I stay in my place in front of the now-shut door, afraid that if I move my legs will give out.

"I'm at my daughter's house, why are you giving me rules?" My father arrogantly states.

"I live here too." She responds flatly, huffing out a big breath.

"Oh, I didn't realize you were in the middle of a party." My dad says when he looks around.

"Dad?" Louis says and our father turns around to face him.

"Louis? Louis is that you?" He menacingly grins.

"What are you doing here?" Louis takes a cautious step towards him.

"I came to see my daughter. I didn't realize you'd be here too." Hereplies.

"Well she is my sister."

"I'm aware, I'm her father."

"You're also my father."

"I'm aware of that as well."

"So why did you really come?"

"I told you."

"No, the real reason. I know you well enough to know you don't care about her like that."

My dad looks towards me at the door.

"Annie, why would Louis think that?"

"I don't know." I whisper.

"Do any of you know why Louis would think that?" He looks around.

"Mr. Pope, we were in the middle something." Eleanor calmly states.

I have no idea how she always stays composed.

"And you're getting in the middle of something here." Our dad says back.

"Your mom isn't happy." He finally looks to me and says.

I tentatively walk back to the living room, returning my spot next to Harry, but sitting this time.

"I know. She told me." I say.

"I thought your mum was okay with this?" Louis raises an eyebrow.

"There are actually a couple things I left out about the story." I say back, timidly.

"I think the rest of us should leave." Harry steps toward Niall.

"No!" Charlotte cautiously looks between Louis, our father, and I. "Let's go in my room."

They all leave, so it's just my dad, brother, and I. "At least we have a bit of a family reunion now." Dad chuckles.

"It's only a reunion if you haven't seen the person in a while. I've never met you before." Louis crosses his arms.

"I raised you for some years, you don't recall?"

"You're right, I'm sorry." My brother rolls my eyes.

"Ana knows."

"Louis is older than me, there's no way I remember." I butt in.

"But your mom told you that I had taken a break for a couple years before she got pregnant."