Chapter 10(pt2)

**Continue of flashback**

         (Skylar's POV )

I straightened the invisible crease on my dress as I tried different types of fake smiles in front of the mirror.

I peaked down at the banquet which was easily visible from my suite's window.

Everything was perfect, there was everything white which went with my attire and all guests obsevered a formal dressing as they slowly sipped on their wines and gossiped about random stuff.

I was about to break all rules and call Aleksander, but you know what they say that the bride and the groom cannot see/talk to each other until they meet on the aisle-a crazy tradition thing still followed in my family.

I tried to calm myself down by convincing myself that we would be together after the wedding.

My face held back a goofy smile as I remembered how the two of us were getting married-I was only sixteen and he was twenty-two, yes yes I know-a six year age gap but I couldn't help it as it was only fate which brought us together, we were meant to be married on my sixteenth birthday.

We were betrothed since birth and our families or should I say businesses were more in profit than us as the companies would expand more.

I didn't have a problem with it and nor did Alek, we just went with the flow but we got to know each other first, obviously and then decided to agree with our parents.

I sniffed back a snifle as I realised how I didn't have my mum with me, father and her fights, even after the divorce, never seemed to end and hence her absense.

I gulped down a few sips of water and prepared myself as the orchestra began, signalling me to the aisle.

I walked down the stairs alone-as I heard the business chat my father was having with his colleague which stopped when I reached at the bottom of the staircase.

Father held my hand lighly as his colleague left but excused himself from me for a minute.

I stood there alone in the corridor again as the whistles of the wind echoed around the thick walls.

I thought about the burden of responsibilities to be showered on me as I would get married and would settle down but the thought of being with Alek weighed it all down.

I was about to faint with boredom while conversing with the monotonous walls when I heard a voice or should I say a full-on conversation?

"What do you think about it?", asked Samuel, Alek's sister, Melissa's husband to someone, confirming my unsure suspicion of hearing a voice.

I listened on to the kind-of conversation, eavesdropping is a sin but in a case such as mine I really think there can be an exception.

"Think about what, sweetie," Melissa said in that high-pitched voice of hers which she probably thought was very 'sweet' & a 'turn-on' .

I almost gagged thinking that there could be mushy kissing voices I would hear next, but I was so so wrong.

"You know", Samuel said in an 'oh so obviously duh' voice,"how Alek was a total player but now he's given it all up for a baby girl", I could sense him dropping his voice in disgust when he said 'baby girl'.

All of a sudden my dislike for the two of them had taken another level, and I really mean it when I say that.

Melissa gave a high shrill of an obvious fake laughter which boomed around me bouncing in a monotonous pattern.

"You think Alek has left it all up for her, for that bitch? Hell no! Alek obviously doesn't give a damn about her 'coz if there's one thing he does give a damn about, it is the family business and how to get it back on track with the bitch's inherited cash".

I heard Samuel say something along the lines of '..thought so..' and the voice of the two of  them laughing like maniacs.

I felt like in one simple go, my whole entire world had come crashing down all the way crushing my heart, squeezing it and throwing it across an icy-cold floor.

I felt my knees weaken and a big load at the back of my head forced me to shut my eyes but I refused to allow myself to turn into a pussy when I needed myself to be the most strong.

I picked my flowing gown and ran...and kept running until I convinced myself that I would never go back to that place again or those people.

But you know what they say, no matter how much you run from it, one day or the other, your past will catch up with you, in such a way that you wouldn't have a choice but face it with whatever you got.

_×_×_×_

Author's Note:

I am so sorry I really wanted to update but my wifi decided to just stop working at the wrong moment.

Anyhoo, missed you guys soo much and all these author's notes and OMG I have got 190+ reads now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!

This is unbelievable!  Thank you so so much for reading my story, I really appreciate it. Love you, yes you staring at it from your screen. :D

aLsO pLeAsE vOtE, cOmMeNt Or fOllOw if you like my work/ would want me to update faster,  anything else you can tell me by commenting.

XxLovexX

Sasha<3

P.S. I'd love you if you please go and wish my sis/bff a happy bday, she is the best person in the world. Her account here is Sunshinesmiles308.

I know you are reading this so stop grinning like a maniac! :P =)

Happy Early B'day Sis!! :D <3