Press The Red Button

Two roommates were at home afternoon when they heard a sturdy knock. One of the roommate came to answer it and saw a tall male dressed in black with a large suitcase. 

 "May I have part of your time this afternoon?" he said kindly. 

The roommate thought he was just a salesman so they invited him in. The gentleman put his briefcase down the floor and took a box out of his suit. On top of the box, he showed a red button and gave it to the roommate. 

"Today is your jackpot. You have a chance to win a million cash and spend it all with your greatest wonders. But there is a cost. A person you don't know will die." He explained clearly and calm. 

 To prove he was right about the million, he opened the briefcase and showed them the dollars. He also told them he will return the next day to get his button back. So, he leave them with the button and see if they would press it or not to get the money.  

The roommates argued for hours wondering if they should press the button. They decided a choice to press the button and hope for the best.

 Nothing much happened. 

The next afternoon, the man came back with his black case. In exchange, he gave them the million dollars! 

 The gentleman was about to leave but one of the roommates is left with curiosity and questioned, 

 "Did someone actually died?" 

"Yes, it happened last night. Far away, someone you don't know died." the male answered. 

The roommate felt worried and full of guilt then ask another question. 

"One more question please. What are you going to do with that box now?" 

The gentleman had a crooked smile and replied, "I'm going to give it to someone who doesn't know you at all."