The Animal

In summer vacation, two boys named Sonny and Garry, went to hangout together. They mostly roam the town or help to do farm chores. 

 Hot July afternoon, the boys decided to rest on the haystacks nearby a cornfield. Nobody was there and it seems to be not taken. Just then, Sonny peered in the distance of the cornfield. Surprisingly, there was someone, however, the heat waves makes it harder to identify. He thought it might be an animal or thing.

 Sonny also caught Garry staring out in the distance. Garry wasn't precise, but he knew it's not human like. 

 In a blink of an eye, the animal was gone. The boys wondered if it went far back behind the cornfield. Sonny and Garry exchanged glances, they were puzzled. 

 "What in the world was that?" questioned Garry.

 "Something not human I think..." answered Sonny cautiously.  

 Garry heard a loud snarl behind his shoulder and reflex but, something froze him tight. He found himself with the animal. They stared right to each other souls. Sonny and Garry let out a blood-curdling shriek. 

 The animal kinda looks like a dog except more mangled up. The dog eye's are completely white and the skin is peeling off showing the rotting muscles. Garry was scared of out his life as the disfigured dog teeth's sunk in to his shoulder. 

 The two boys ran to save their dear lives until they reach home sweet home. They attempt to convince their parents about their horrific story but, they believe it was nonsense. No matter how hard they tried to tell everyone, all think the boys are playing a joke.  

 When Garry woke up the nest day, the bite worsen to unbelievable pain. Reckless, Garry completely forgot to mention about the bite. The parents sent Garry to see a doctor. After examining the bite, the doctor told the parents the bite turned into an infection. The doctor gave Garry some medicine to take too. 

 However, the medicine did nothing and Garry fell to a deep illness. Sonny couldn't do anything and so did Garry's parents. The only thing they can do is hope for the best. The infection spread to his entire arm and the skin was peeling off. The rare sickness stumped the doctors, not knowing how to help. At the end, Garry began to waste off. 

 In about a week, the infection invade his entire body and Garry died sadly. Sonny came to the funeral and went to see Garry one more time. One more time before saying goodbye. Sonny peeked the opening coffin and his eyes widen like an owl. His good old friend looked absolutely like the devil dog.