Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Katie's POV:

I wake up to the sound of machines beeping. I flutter my eyes and focus my vision. I was in a hospital, a freaking hospital! I rubbed my head trying to remember what happened last night. I looked down at my arm, my cut. My eye sight began to get blurry. No Katie you can't cry, be strong. I shook the thought away and looked to my left and saw Phoebe and my mom in two separate chairs.

I flicked my eyes to what seemed to be the sound of a door opening. In came a nurse and what looked like to be her assistant. She rushed towards me.

"She's awake!" She told her assistant, as the nurse began checking and pressing buttons on the machines. Her assistant ran off to get something I guess.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse spoke "Alright I guess." My eyes watched as Phoebe woke up and had a grin on her face as soon as she saw me. "One question though. Um how long was I out for?" I asked.

"Two days." She said as I just simply nodded. She put her hand on my shoulders "I'll be right back with some papers." The nurse quickly hurried out the room. I began to sit up and smiled back at Phoebe.

"Hey Phoebs..." I whispered. "Hey Katie, I'm so glad your okay!" She said as she ran over to me and pulled me in for a bear hug. I giggled slightly. "I can't breathe Phoebe." She loosened her grip. "Right sorry." She chuckled and pulled away.

I'm pretty sure my mom heard as talking because I saw her stretch and sit up taking a look at me. Her face lit up like she won the lottery. "Katie your awake I thought something was going to happen to you! Then again, I am so disappointed in you Katie! Did you think that you could throw away your life and forget about everything that happened?!" Her face turned worried. "Mo-"I began to speak. "No don't mom me. When we get home, I'm hiding everything that you could use to hurt yourself!" I understood and nodded at her.

I looked back to Phoebe who then again wrapped me up in another hug. "I don't know what I would have done if you have gone. It would be pretty much straight up boring, I would miss hanging out with you crazy butt." I giggled at the words she just said. "Your line went off two times and the nurse said if you didn't wake up soon then you would... You know." I pulled apart from the hug and stared into Phoebes eyes, she looked as if she was going to start to cry. "No phoebe don't you gonna make me cry!" I hugged her again as I let out one of my tears that was waiting to get out.

We pulled apart when we see the nurse come in. "Okay so I have the paper work for you Ms.Peirs and then she is free to go...wait only on one condition." My mom looks up to her, waiting for the nurse to continue just like the rest of us. Huh I barely noticed that my dads not here, I'll ask my mom where he is when we get home.

"...all the possible things that she can hurt her self with." Well, I guess I was day dreaming opps. Was I suppose to listen to that or not? I guess I should pay attention now. I look back at my mom as she nods to the nurse while filling out the papers.

I look back at Phoebe who was also day dreaming. I'm not the only one see! Well she doesn't have to listen to any of this so I guess it's okay. I snapped my finger in front of her face. "What? Huh? Is everything fine?" I giggled and nodded.

"So I never asked you. How was the date with Justin?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows. That was the one question that I didn't want to hear from anyone today. "Um Phoebs, can we talk about this when we get home?" I asked her. Her face turned sympathetic, I think she knows a bit about what's going on. "Sure, I'm sorry for asking you." She said. I nodded "it's okay, you didn't know." She patted my legs and motioned me to get up. Telling me that it was time to go because my mom has finished filling out the papers.