Chapter 3 - Kiss Me

I swear Helen, he is so nice" said Sarah

"Well, he is so cute. I would have gotten him for myself if you didn't" Helen replied laughing and Sarah giggled.

She and Brad were gradually getting to know themselves and she was very glad she met him. He was really nice to her and not at all the bad boy others make him out to be. Though he gets cocky once in a while but it's the whole package together that makes him Brad.

The rest of the month went quickly for her as school work became more tedious but she always had Brad to talk to at the end of the day and even hang out when they were less busy. They were just really good friends and she liked him especially the fact that he never tried to pressure her into anything.

It was soon the end of October and time for the annual Mausoleum Halloween Hunt/Party. She went with Brad and they were dressed up as King Arthur and Queen Guinevere. Helen came with a friend of hers, Jesse and they were both dressed as Thor and Princess Xena.

The party was fun and she loved every bit of it. During the hunt the four of them teamed up against other teams and they finished in second place. Around 2.am she told Brad she was tired and wanted to leave. He drove her back to the sorority house then walked her to the door.

"I had so much fun tonight Brad. Thanks".

As was normal for them she stepped closer and hugged him. He hugged her back then kissed her cheek.

"I had fun too. Good night Sarah".

She stepped into the house and after closing the door she leaned against it touching the spot where he'd kissed her cheek. He has never kissed her before, and she loved it. She admired him for not putting pressure on her but she just realized she wanted more of his kisses.

He hadn't planned to kiss her, it just happened. He never lost control like that but when she leaned in and hugged him and her scent taunted him there was nothing more he could do. It's a surprise he didn't kiss her full on the lips. He really liked her but didn't want to mess things up. He was content being where he was.

On the other hand, Randy had noticed their growing friendship. He and Brad were in the same frat dorm so he couldn't really keep professing his love to her; the whole loyalty pledge. Not like he even had a chance otherwise. But God help him if Brad hurts Sarah. Why couldn't he just like someone else? What was it about her? Hell, if he knew.

December arrived too soon and it was soon time for Christmas break. Decorations were hung everywhere and Christmas songs seemed to always blast from somewhere.

It was remaining just a few more days before school closed for the holidays. Everyone was anxious to be home but still felt a little sad about leaving their friends behind.

A day before the vacation was the annual Christmas carnival. Sarah, Brad, Helen and Jesse all went together. Everyone was dancing, drinking or eating; all in the Christmas spirit. They soon got caught up in it and were soon dancing. Brad went to get more drinks and Sarah kept dancing. Soon she saw Randy approaching her but she was too happy to despise him.

"Hi Sarah, merry Christmas".

"Merry Christmas Randy".

"Will you please dance with me? Just once".

"Sure".

She didn't know why she agreed easily but then again, she wasn't really seeing him as the annoying and scrawny kid anymore. She was beginning to see him as a person, a nice and handsome one at that. So far he'd manage to stay out of her way, what harm would a dance cause?