Chapter 16 - Palais Maillot

They were almost done with the wedding planning, all that was remaining was for her to taste the food and select her menu. Brad felt bad that he couldn't go with her but she told him not to worry, that she had the mum's with her.

The day after the cake tasting, they met with Anthony (the chef) in his restaurant and he served them with different dishes - appetizers, main dishes and dessert for her to make a choice.

For food service she decided to go with French service since the wedding will be in France; and she choose the most traditional form in which the guests will serve themselves.

Deciding on the menu was a little more difficult and tricky than expected because everything tasted delicious but she knew she couldn't serve all so she narrowed it down and in the end she was happy with her choice.

She decided on 3 courses, the appetizers which would be served as Hors D'oeuvres, the dinner and the desert which will consist of the wedding cake and mousse.

The Hors D'oeuvres will be served as stationary  - which will include French cheese display garnished with fruits, bread and crackers; Mediterranean dipping station with crudités and baked pita chips; iced food display, oysters, shrimps and snow crab.

Also Hors D'oeuvres will be served by butlers moving around - miso glazed nori salmon; smoked bacon, leek and goat cheese tartlets, Peking duck purse with scallion, plum and ginger sauce; grilled New Zealand lamb chops with lemon aioli and Foie Gras Crostini.

The main dish will consist of Roasted Angus filet Mignon with country mustard; Truffled pasta, Gateau pommes de tarre; haricourts Vert with Shallots; multi grain dinner rolls and salad.

Finally Sarah was done with everything, Hannah would handle what ever remaining preparations and she was happy to be done so she could finally focus on her work before the wedding.

*******************

Time flew by and it was soon September. The wedding was to be held on the 5th of September so they flew out to France on the 3rd and lodged at the Hotel Royal Riviera.

On the 4th, everything was finalized; the officiating priest, the arrangements, dance steps, decorations according to the wedding theme, the cake was ready and the chef with his crew were ready to start cooking the next day. Everything was perfect.

Soon it was night and all Sarah wanted was to crawl into bed and sleep. She couldn't see Brad until tomorrow; not just because it was a bad omen but because they were out for his Bachelor Eve party (the girls had wanted to organize a party for her but she had told them not to). She smiled knowing that after their wedding the next day they'll never be apart again.

"Hey you" said Jules as she stepped into the room plopping down on the bed.

"Hey. Thought you were out with Randy and the guys?"

"Yea, but I got bored. Plus I know you'll be missing Brad so I came to cheer you up".

"I can do without him for a few hours you know" Sarah replied rolling her eyes.

"Yea right. Get dressed" she says giggling as she dropped a short white gown on her bed.

"Why?" She asked eyeing her sister suspiciously.

"Because we are going out. Duh!!! It's your wedding eve you should be having fun" she chatters away excitedly.

"Where are the girls?? Helen and Lois?" She asked.

"No idea. Get dressed. I'll be back for you in a few".  She winked at her leave her room.

Sarah quickly got dressed, wearing the short white gown with silver studs that Jules apparently bought for her. She brushed out her hair which she had curled again and applied her makeup brides putting on her red Loubotin spiked heels.

Jules entered the room immediately and gasps telling her she looked beautiful before telling her to close her eyes. When she closed her eyes, she felt Jules behind her before she carefully blindfolded her. She felt her put something on her hair then adjust her gown but she had no idea what Jules was up to.

"What's going on Jules? What are you up to?" She asked giggling. As crazy as this looked, it was fun.

"You'll find out soon, come lets go". Jules said as she led her out of the room.

Jules carefully led her into the elevator and out of it. Soon they were outside because she felt cold fresh air on her face. She helped her into a car slowly and she heard the car purring to life before it started moving slowly.

She was getting apprehensive now but before she could complain she heard her sisters voice.

"Ready??" Jules asked as she squealed loudly.

Sarah nodded and soon the blindfold was off and as her eyes adjusted to the light she saw Helen, Callie, Lois and some other friends of hers in the car which she realizes is a limo and they were all beaming at her.

"Happy Bachelorette Eve Party" they all shout and she laughs.

"Oh My God!! I can't believe you guys did all this. I know I told you not to worry but I'm happy you did this". She said hugging them.

"Of course we would. There's no way only the boys would have fun tonight" Helen said and everyone laughed.

Sarah touched her hair to know what Jules put on it and she felt a crown and looking down on her cloth she saw a banner that said "The Bride".

They were all wearing the same gown, a short emerald gown. It was the same style with hers just a different color. She was so happy and glad that they did this for her. She didn't even know she had wanted this until now.

Soon they were chatting away, snapping pictures and drinking champagne before the car was pulled to a stop and their door was opened by the chauffeur.

They stepped out of the car and made their way into the Palais Maillot; one of the best private and safe nightclubs in France.

As they stepped inside their presence was announced and they were ushered to the Vip section. They were treated to the sight of some of the sexiest and ripped male strippers dancing for them and she even got a lap dance.

She had so much fun dancing both with her friends and the strippers and she was thankful for the night. But most especially for her sister and friends who made it happen.

It was soon time for them to leave because she didn't want them to have a hangover on her wedding day. On their way back to the hotel, the limo's top was pulled back and she stood up taking in the beautiful sight and reveling in the fresh breeze on her face.

"I'm getting married" she shouted into the night and soon her friends joined her shouting anything they could think of.

Back at the hotel, she thanked and hugged her friends and Jules as they got out of the elevator and made their way to her rooms. She removed her clothes after she got to her room, had her bath and fell into bed.

I'm getting married in a few hours she thought to herself and slept off with a smile on her face.