Chapter 9 - I Dont Ever Want To See You

The autumn quarters kicked off in late September and Jules was happy to be back to school because she hadn't seen much of Sarah during the holidays.

She came back to San Francisco early and spent some days with Sarah and Brad before they both went back to school together. She loved their house, it was everything that Sarah said it was and more but most especially she was happy for the both of them.

School soon resumed fully; with Sarah, Helen, Randy in their final class and Jules in upper class. Although Brad was no longer around, Sarah was determined to have fun this being her final year in school. She spent as much time as she could with Jules and visited Brad over the weekends.

Randy knew he was still in love with Sarah.. Or was he? He didn't even get moody about her anymore, almost as if he has finally accepted her as a friend but he was suddenly so protective of Jules. He kept telling himself it was the big brother instinct because they always spend time together. He didn't even know when it started, all he knew was that he just wanted to kill his friends when they went on and on about how beautiful and sexy Jules was. He really literally wanted to kill them.

And to make it worse, she had to go and get a boyfriend. Normally he wouldn't even care, but he just sees less and less of her these days. He realized he misses her. But you can miss your friend can't you? And why would she even be having a boyfriend, she had all of them so what did she need a boyfriend for? God he sounded whiny.

He stood up and grabbed a shirt, suddenly deciding he needed some fresh air. As he opened his door and rushed out he almost collided with Jules.

"Hey, slow down. Where's the fire at?"

"Sorry about that. What are you doing here?" he eyed her curiously wondering if his mind had somehow conjured her up right to his doorstep.

"Good to see you too. I believe today is our movie night" she said as she pushed past him and entered the room.

"I thought you were on a date with what's his name?"

"His name is Dylan, you keep forgetting. Decided to end my date early" she replied as she sorted through the movies he had. "You have snacks right?"

"Why did you end the date early? Did he try something stupid? Told you he was no good for you. I'm so going to kill him". Randy started ranting obviously trying to rein in his anger.

"Easy tiger. No killing anyone on my account. And really, stop playing big bro, doesn't look good on you". Jules said sounding a little annoyed.

"Why are you dressed like that?"

She was bent over on his bed at the moment, looking at movies and he just happened to be treated to the view of how her hips filled out her leather pants.

She straightened and turned to look at him raising an eyebrow at him. God!! She was beautiful. He didn't even know when he had begun to notice but now he just couldn't think of anything else. She was wearing a white crop top which showed off her tanned skin with the black leather pants. The contrast making her skin glow all the more. Did she always have those full boobs and did her hips and ass always fill out clothes that way?

Her hair, she pulled back in a ponytail. It was a fiery maroon red in contrast to her sister's strawberry blonde. Her hair color made her green eyes shine like crystals and her cheek bones accentuated her lips so that they looked like they were made just for kissing.

And she was pouting it right now looking at him probably wondering what is wrong with him. God, he was going mad. He groaned as he walked into the room picked up another shirt and threw it at her. She cocked her eyebrow at him in question.

"Just put it on. You'll get cold or something".

He was definitely acting weird but she graciously put it on and didn't ask what was wrong but he because he was so worked up, he missed the smug smile on her face. In a bit, they soon got over the awkwardness and had fun just as they always do.

On Monday after classes he met up with Sarah and Helen.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I'm good. What you up to?"

"Was thinking of checking on Jules. Haven't seen her all weekend after Friday" Randy said trying to sound casual. The last thing he wanted was to sound weird or crazy.

"Oh. I think she was mostly with Dylan, didn't see much of her either". Sarah replied like it was nothing.

"How well does she even know that guy? She seems to be spending a lot of time with him".

Amused, Sarah cocked up her eyebrow at him in a Jules like manner and she and Helen exchanged looks.

"Well, you'd have to ask her. We really have to go now, talk to you later Randy".

After he left Helen started her rants. "Lover boy can't have you and now he wants Jules?"

"That's real cute and mature Helen. They are practically best friends, he is just worried".

********

Sarah have been having problems recently with Brad and Jules silently wished that they work out their differences. She really liked Brad and Sarah was obviously hurting though she was trying to put up a brave front. Jules felt helpless because she couldn't do anything about the situation; she didn't even know what the problem was.

Just before the annual Christmas party, Sarah and Brad seemed to have settled their differences. Brad came around and they all went out to have fun together like they do every Christmas when he was still in school. They all later ended up in Brad's house and somewhere along the fun, it turned into a bitter argument between Sarah and Brad.

He dragged her to their room so they could talk privately and naturally the others followed to eavesdrop.

"Sarah, we talked about this. I told you I needed some years to face my career and build it up to where I want it to be before we start thinking of marriage".

"Some years you said, I assumed you meant two years or three at most. Here you are, telling me to wait five more years before we start thinking about marriage. I'm I supposed to get married when I'm old?. Tell me, what exactly are you scared of? You scared of being with one woman all your life? Being tied down?"

"Stop being dramatic. You know I love you". Brad said casually

"Do you? We keep arguing about this same thing over and over again and you keep pushing it forward. I'm tired of all this. I can't put my life on hold for you because you are scared of a lifetime commitment or because you want to become very successful first. I love you just the way you are but that's clearly not enough for you. I'm leaving and don't even bother coming for me".

"I always knew it was coming down to this. All of a sudden you keep finding faults with everything I do. You are seeing someone else right? And you are just looking for an opportunity to ......"She slapped him with hatred burning in her eyes, then burst into tears.

"I hate you and don't ever want to see you. Will send for my things later". She picked up her already packed bags and left the room.

When she came downstairs, everyone was pretending to be busy doing one thing or the other and she realized they must have heard them and embarrassment washed all over her.

"I'm sorry about that... " she began but couldn't stop crying.

Randy was fuming, he almost ran upstairs into the room they were talking just few minutes ago to beat the living day light out of Brad but he felt Helen's hand in his and when he turned to look at her she nodded her head at him. He seemed to understand that this wasn't his fight and he slowly willed himself to calm down.

God, if only he could put his hands around Sarah and wrap her in a big hug. He hated seeing her cry.

"It's okay" Jules rushed to her. "Let's go". She said putting her arms around Sarah and leading her out of the house while Helen and Randy picked up her bags.