Chapter 10 - Dinner Dates

A week later they were already back home on Christmas break and Sarah was gradually getting over Brad, she would still mope around from time to time and cry herself to sleep sometimes but other than that she was okay.

Jules walked into Sarah's room one morning and heard her laughing so heartily. It was almost like a morning ritual and this morning she decided she just had to find out what it was all about.

"Hey you" she called out as she entered the room and sat down on Sarah's bed.

"Hey" replied Sarah looking up from her phone.

"I really want to believe you haven't gone mad yet, so what makes you laugh every morning??."

"Oh; it's Randy. He sends me this text messages every morning that are meant to make me smile and forget about Brad." Sarah replied smiling and still looking at her phone.

"Oh, Randy. I suppose there is no time to be wasted: after all, his dream has finally come true. You being single and actually noticing him".

"Don't be such a kill joy. Randy is a great guy, I seem to recall you were once pushing me towards him. Plus you all keep saying I should get over Brad, he might just be the right distraction. Now help me decide what I'm wearing for our dinner tonight". She said sounding happy.

Jules didn't even understand why she was feeling the way she was feeling. Shouldn't she be happy that Sarah was happy?? Even if it was Randy that was making her happy. Sighing inwardly she looked at her sister.

"You are going on a dinner date with Randy tonight?" She asked

"I believe I just said so. Is anything wrong?"

"No, nothing at all. Wear whatever, you look great in everything. Have to go get ready for my own dinner date with Dylan."

"Come on Jules, you like helping me pick out clothes" her sister replied looking at her and pouting.

"Fine; I'll help". Jules finally said smiling and pulling Sarah up towards the wardrobe.

She wasn't really in the mood to do this but she was still happy that her sister was smiling and getting over Brad. She didn't want her to feel like she was not supporting her or happy for her.

They picked out a coral pink off shoulder Forever 21 romper, matching jewelries, a black Chanel purse and a black Guess shoe.

After they laid the cloth on the bed, she helped her curl her hair with her curl wand then fluff it making it look a little bigger and fuller than normal. When she was satisfied with her work she left to give Sarah space to get ready since there was nothing more to do for her.

At the door she paused, then turned and added "I really hope he isn't just a rebound Sarah. Randy is a really nice guy, don't hurt him more than you already have all this years."

With that she left the room and didn't see Sarah's smile as she nodded.

Sarah and Randy were having their dinner at the Patina restaurant in Grand Avenue. The cuisine was perfect and the service was awesome. It was her best restaurant and she was happy he brought her here.

"I love it here, the food never leaves your taste buds wanting." She chipped away as they made their order.

"I'm glad you do, Jules once mentioned to me it was your favourite restaurant. How is she though?"

"How is who?" she asked as she sipped her wine.

"Jules"

"Oh. She is fine, on a date with Dylan I presume".

"She is still seeing that Dylan? Thought they were over, I wonder where they are".

Sarah studied him closely wondering why he would be worried about Jules and her date.

Just as she was about to speak up she saw Jules and Dylan walk into the restaurant and it seemed as if Jules spotted her too because they were walking towards their table.

"I suppose that answers your question" she said casually gesturing towards them.

"Sarah, Randy, who knew you would both be here." Jules greeted looking genuinely surprised.

*She is a really good actor* Sarah thought to herself as she rolled her eyes at her sister.

"Well, considering someone told someone else that this was my favourite restaurant, I think the answer is pretty obvious" she said smiling back. "Hi Dylan"

"Hi Sarah, Jules said the food here was amazing. Is it?"

"Oh, did she now? Why don't you join us please" said Randy as he officially introduced himself.

By the time they were through with the main course Randy had asked Dylan almost every possible question and he wasn't even about to stop.

"So tell me Dylan, what exactly are your plans for Jules?" he asked as he relaxed into his seat sipping his wine.

"Excuse me?" choked Dylan on his food.

"I'm sorry. Here take this. You don't have to answer him" said Jules as she passed over his wine.

"What is wrong with you Randy? I thought we just came here to eat, please stop questioning him, and allow him to eat". Scolded Sarah

"I'm just being a concerned friend, that's all". Randy knew he was being an ass, both to Sarah and Jules but he just couldn't stop himself. He wanted to smash Dylan's face on the table. He didn't even understand what the problem was. He was on a date with Sarah who he had been in love with all his life so why this sudden urge to protect Jules???

"Yeah right" Sarah muttered under her breath. "I want to go home now please".

They said their farewells and left. Randy apologized on their way home and she waved it off, that it was normal to be concerned about friends.

The next morning, Jules was already in Sarah's room and of course she had gotten her morning text as always because she was laughing when she walked in.

"Thanks for ruining my dinner last night" she said as Jules entered her room.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know things would take a turn for the worse" she sighed as she sat on the bed.

"You knew we would be there so why did you come? I'm I missing something Jules? Are you in love with Randy?"

Jules blushed crimson and jumped to her feet immediately. "Of course not, it merely skipped my mind. I love it there too you know. I just came to apologize, see you later". With that she hurried out of her sisters' room.

"Don't be in such a hurry Jules. How was dinner with Dylan?" She breathed a sigh of relief as she walked back into the room.

They talked at length about their dates and Sarah blushed as divulged that Randy had kissed her when he brought her back home. She pretended not to notice that Jules actually flinched at that.

Well; this is getting confusing. Even for me too.
Anyways hope y'all still enjoying the story???

Remember your comments are very much appreciated. And votes also.

Thanks *kisses*