chapter 4

Later in Lilo's tree fort...

"There's no way I can do this..." Lilo groaned as she was with Stitch, Patch, and Darla. "Just because my mom was a great hula dancer doesn't mean I am. The only thing I know I inherited from her is... Well, Nani."

"That and you look just like her." Patch said.

Lilo and Stitch shuddered in response to that.

"What if Myrtle's right and everything I do is gonna be stinky?" Lilo sighed sadly. "Maybe I'm just stinky like cheese."

"No, you are not." Darla said.

Stitch muttered in his language, but in a comforting way.

"Stitch is right," Patch nodded. "You're just special in your own way and you need to show them that."

"But my mom was beautiful like an orchid and graceful like a wave," Lilo sighed as she looked to the photograph of her mother at a younger age. "I'll never be like her."

"Yes, you will." Patch said.

Stitch climbed up onto the tree and plucked out an orchid flower out of it and then put it into Lilo's hair with an encouraging smile.

"Now you really do look like your mom." Patch smiled.

"You... You guys think I can do it?" Lilo smiled softly to that.

"We do together." Stitch replied.

"Yeah." Patch nodded.

"Hmm..." Darla hummed. "I'll help you come up with an idea, but I think I need to come up with something on my own, Lilo."

"Okay." Lilo smiled.

Darla smiled back.

They then came into Lilo's room to talk about ideas for the hula.

'Hula ideas, take one!" Lilo said as she wrapped up in toilet paper with Stitch. "Mummies!"

Stitch moaned like a ghoul, but then looked over as Lilo fell over on the floor.

"Next!" Patch called out.

"Amputation!" Lilo then dressed up like a doctor and pulled apart a doll.

Stitch then smiled as he came to her side, playing her ukulele.

"What's with the ukulele?" Patch asked.

Stitch shrugged.

"Next!" Darla then called.

"Vampire bats!" Lilo wore a cloak with a purple dress and had fake fangs in her mouth.

Stitch screamed in response for the horror tone.

"Next!" Patch called.

"Recycling!" Lilo suggested.

Patch and Darla rolled their eyes. "Next!"

"Gossip!" Lilo put a tin can up in her mouth to use as a phone.

Stitch gasped as he held the other can.

"Next!" Darla called.

"Sky-Dive!" Lilo called as she wore a pilot cap with goggles and jumped off her bed with a sheet, but then fell flat on the floor. "Owch... I wonder if Elvis had these problems."

"Okay, Darla, how's about you do a dance tribute to the Sailor Scouts?" Patch asked.

"Hmm..." Darla was standing on her head. "That might work out... I think I like it! I even brought my dress just in case!"