chapter 13

Meanwhile in Jumba's lab...

"Three... Two... One! Ta-Da!" Jumba beamed. "There it is, Pleakley and Atticus, the fusion chamber, the only thing that can save Stitch."

"Wahoo! We did it!" Atticus cheered.

"It's amazing!" Pleakley beamed.

"Just another work of genius." Jumba smiled smugly.

"It sure is." Atticus smiled.

"Oh, oh, can I switch it on?" Pleakley begged. "Please, please?"

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no," Jumba warned him. "That is extremely delicate machine. It takes superior mind."

"Come on, turn it on." Atticus said.

Jumba smiled and clicked on his device. The three smiled in excitement as the machine glowed at first.

"Heh, thanks to me, crisis is over." Jumba smiled smugly.

"Yep, nothing can go wrong now." Atticus smiled.

However, as if on cue as he said that, the machine broke down and stopped working. The three coughed as they saw the machine broke on its own somehow.

"What the?!" Atticus asked out of shock.

"What happened?" Pleakley asked as he coughed.

"That's it, Pleakley, and Atticus," Jumba frowned. "It's over. I-I can't build a new fusion chamber."

"Sure you can," Pleakley assured. "Just like you built the first one!"

"I didn't build first one!" Jumba admitted. "I ordered it... From catalog."

"A catalog?!" Atticus asked out of shock.

"And now there is no hope for my little creation," Jumba heaved a mourning sigh. "Jumba has failed family."

"So you didn't build the first fusion chamber. So what?" Pleakley spoke up. "You still built Stitch, didn't you? Well, didn't you?"

"Yes..." Jumba admitted.

"So then if you built him, can't you built a fusion chamber? I mean you are Jumba Jookiba: the world's greatest scientist." Atticus smiled.

"No, I--Heh,..." Jumba smiled bashfully to that. "I don't like to brag..."

"Well, see?" Pleakley encouraged. "That's why you're the only one who can do it."

Jumba looked to them and then his computer to track Stitch's molecule level. "Pleakley, my wrench."

Pleakley quickly handed Jumba a wrench. It was building time.

Patch came back to the hotel and winced as he saw Drell and Hilda were cuddling each other again. "Are you guys on that love poison again?"

"I'm just cuddling with the love of my life..." Drell said as he had his arm over Hilda.

"Whew." Patch sighed.

"Everything okay, Patch?" Hilda asked.

"Stitch acted up again after Lilo gave him a second chance and he threw me against the wall." Patch replied softly.

"Did his eyes glow green?" Drell asked.

"Now that you mention it, yes, they did." Patch replied.

"Oh, no, his death is coming closer." Drell frowned.

"Death..." Patch's face paled at the word.

"Oh, surely something can help the poor dear." Hilda said to Drell.

"The only way is if Jumba, Pleakley, and Atticus can get that machine they are working on to turn on so then it can recharge Stitch." Drell said.

"I'll go pray." Patch said as he then went off.

"Smart decision." Drell said.

Hilda hugged Drell in response as Patch went off. Drell hugged her back.

Darla had fallen asleep in the other room with her Sailor Scout dress on. Patch came in to see Darla asleep with her dress on, telling him that she must have been practicing all day. Darla smiled in her sleep.

Patch went into a praying position and looked up into the night sky. "Are you there, Annabelle? It's me, Patch..." he began. "Listen, I know you're all busy up there in Heaven, especially with Mr. Itchy staying by your side while Charlie is with Sasha and David in San Francisco, but please, help my friend Stitch... He really needs it... Please, just let him be okay. Lilo needs him." He then made his paw do a cross with his right paw.

One star seemed to shine brighter than the others in the night sky.

We are then shown the dog heaven with the angel dogs and Annabelle.

"We have a prayer in process from one of our noble Earth Guardian Angels." Annabelle told the others.

"What's the prayer say, Annabelle?" Itchy asked.

"It's from Patch Pongo," Annabelle reported.

"Oh, he's such a good kid," Itchy smiled. "What's up with him?"

"He says he's worried about Experiment 626 who he sacrificed himself for during his last adventure in Hawaii," Annabelle reported. "Apparently Stitch doesn't have a lot of time left and Patch wants him to live because... The girl, Lilo Pelekai, needs him."

"Well, I'm sure we can try our best to keep Stitch from dying, right?" Itchy asked.

"We can only try, we'll help in Stitch's final hours, for the sake of Patch." Annabelle nodded.

"Thank goodness." Itchy smiled.

"We'll have to work extra hard," Annabelle nodded. "I feel this won't be the last time we'll help Patch and vice versa."

"What do ya mean, Annabelle?" Itchy asked.

"Let's just say this coming Christmas will be one to never forget." Annabelle hinted.

"Good to know." Itchy smiled.

"And where you will be visiting Charlie and the others." Annabelle smiled.

Itchy's eyes seemed to glow for that.

"Hold on, Patch, my dear," Annabelle smiled as she put her paw on the orb which showed Patch's image of him praying to Gabriel and her themselves as he really hoped this would work. "Your prayer will be answered sooner than you think."

Patch soon helped Darla out of her dress. Darla barely struggled, but she was still asleep. Patch then carefully took the dress, folded it up, and put i t away for Darla so it wouldn't get wrinkled or crumpled by the time of the festival. After doing that, Patch put Darla to bed.

"Good night, Darla..." Patch smiled to the girl, then licked her good night.

Darla started to doze of to sleep. Patch smiled and then decided to get some sleep himself.

Atticus gasped as he came through the front door and cracked his back as he walked along. "Man, I'm exhausted." He soon went over to his and Mo's bed.

Mo was turned to the other side. Atticus yawned and crawled into the bed. Mo then turned over and grabbed him into a tight hug with a sleepy smirk. Atticus smirked back before he fell asleep. The two then seemed to cuddle with each other as they fell asleep.