chapter 9

Meanwhile with Darla, Lilo, Patch, and Stitch...

"So, Lilo, what's this story about the Hawaiian goddess?" Patch asked.

"This is how the story goes, guys," Lilo narrated as she practiced the dance with Stitch. "Once, there was a beautiful goddess named Hi'iaka and a handsome mortal named Lohi'au. They were as close as two people could be."

"I like how it starts." Darla smiled.

Lilo and Stitch then accidentally hit each other's heads in their dancing and fell back on the floor together.

"Ooh." Patch winced slightly.

"Oops." Stitch replied.

"But one day, Pelé, the volcano goddess, grew jealous of their friendship," Lilo then continued as they then made their costumes for their hula, unknowing that Pelé was actually an ancestor of hers and she was destined to become the next volcano goddess. "So she took Lohi'au and threw him into a volcano filled with molten lava."

"Oh, my..." Darla frowned.

"Hi'iaka discovered his body in a cavern by a sea cliff, and she stayed with him, praying to the gods to bring Lohi'au's spirit back," Lilo then concluded the story as she continued to practice with Stitch. "And it worked! Her love brought him back to life, proving that love is more powerful than death."

"It sure is." Patch smiled.

Darla gave Lilo a hug as she decided to get back to the hotel. "I'll see you at school tomorrow, good luck with your hula."

"You too, I can't wait to see your dress at the festival." Lilo hugged her back.

"Oh, trust me; it's going to be unlike anything you've seen." Patch said.

Lilo and Stitch smiled and went inside their house for the night as Darla and Patch were on their way back to the hotel.

"I hope they like my dress..." Darla smiled as she put her Sailor Scout dress to be ready for the festival.

"Of course they will." Patch smiled.

Darla hugged the puppy. "I'm so excited, my first dance festival!"

"I can't wait for it either." Patch said.

Cherry came over to see them as she held a box filled with chicken wings. "Hey, guys, David won this strongman competition on the beach and let me keep the wings."

"Sounds like Atticus's handiwork." Patch said.

"Yep..." Cherry said as she then sat down and opened the box and gnawed on the wings.

"How much of a chance do I have of her sharing some of those chicken wings with me?" Darla asked Patch.

"I have no idea." Patch shrugged.

Cherry kept eating most of the wings, appearing to be very hungry for them.

"I guess slim..." Darla winced.

"Yeah." Patch nodded.

Eventually, Atticus and Mo came through the door.

"Man, I'm starving, can we order a pizza?" Mo asked.

"Drell never said we couldn't..." Atticus shrugged sheepishly.

"Wahoo!" Mo smiled.

Atticus smiled back and decided to order a pizza for their dinner.

"Where is Drell anyway?" Patch asked.

There was then a squeal and thumping heard in the other room.