chapter 5

There were sci-fi related snacks such as candied cockroaches and alien eyeball dumplings. Even David stayed just so he could try to connect with Nani as usual. Lilo was depressed however because she was still stuck on what to do for her hula for the festival. Stitch was going to help her in any way. Later, the lights were out as there was a movie on now. Darla was a little nervous about trying the sci-fi snacks as she wore antenna on her head like everyone else to fit with the theme.

"Is everyone having fun?" Nani poked her head inside.

The others suddenly shouted in nervous agreement as they watched some movies.

"Great!" Nani beamed as she then showed her snacks. "I made sci-fi snacks to put us in the mood."

"Great." Atticus smiled nervously.

"Uh, what exactly are we eating?" Patch asked.

"We have deep-fried Martian cockroach," Nani started before she took one and slurped it down and ate it. "Mmm, delicious!"

"Yuck." Patch winced.

"I think I'm gonna throw up." Pleakley moaned.

"Ew, I think someone did." Darla shuddered slightly.

"Uh, Nani?" David took out another dish. "What are these?"

"Alien Eyeball Dumplings." Nani smiled in excitement.

"What kind of sick joke is this?!" Pleakley took out an eyeball in offense, holding it next to his own eye.

"Don't be making her mad," Jumba forced him to eat it. "Eat it!"

Pleakley grunted and choked slightly, but then swallowed and smiled. "It's good!"

"Might as well try some." Patch shrugged.

Stitch sloppily ate the cockroach mix. Lilo glanced at him, still looking rather down in the dumps.

Stitch saw this and then held out a roach in an attempt to cheer her up. "Cockroach?"

"I'm too upset to eat," Lilo groaned. "I'm hula-less."

"Aw, honey, I'm sure you'll come up with something," Nani soothed her younger sister. "Come on, let's watch the movie."

"What movie is it called?" Darla asked.

"It's an Alien Invasion movie, one of Lilo's favorites." Nani replied.

"Cool." Darla smiled.

Nani smiled back. Lilo and Stitch wore paper bags with alien faces as they sat on the floor to watch the movie and Patch and Darla sat beside them. Atticus stared at the movie, it wasn't that good for his tastes, but he would stay until Darla was ready to go back to the hotel.

"What was Drell so worried about? This isn't so bad." Darla whispered to herself.

Patch yawned from the movie. "I'd rather go to space myself than watch a movie about it."

"I know what you mean." Lilo had to agree.

Jumba sniffled from the chaos in the movie. "That's so beautiful!"

"Jumba, you are one strange alien." Atticus sighed.

"Thanking you." Jumba replied.

Atticus glanced at him, but merely shrugged.

"Nani, I think you did a great job with family," David smiled, but then saw the girl he liked was snoring and fast asleep. "Night..."

"She seems tired." Mo said.