My One Piece Highschool {a Perona fanfic}

First day of school.

Should be fun, right?

I should make lots of new friends, right?

Wrong. Dead wrong. D-E-A-D W-R-O-N-G.

Wrong because instead of starting high school in ninth grade like everyone else, I'll be starting it in the middle of eleventh. Junior year. Everyone else will already know each other and I'll be left in their dust... like every time I changed schools.

I sighed as I pulled up in front of the school.

The Doflamingo Academy, named after its founder and principle: Donquixote Doflamingo.

Even though it had the word "Academy" in its title, it's a public school, so there's no god-awful uniforms. Just the standard dress code which I noticed wasn't given any heed by the students that were walking inside. Well, who was I to argue? Me with my short skirt, striped tights, combat boots, cut-off long sleeve shirt, shawl, pink hair and crown.

I honestly didn't care if anyone else hated me for it. That's what I was comfortable in, so that's what I would wear!

I parked my car in the student parking lot, grabbed my shoulder bag, and made my way into the school to start my dreaded day.

~|~|~|~|~|~

Ok, first period: World History with Miss Nico Robin.

On my way over to the room the halls were completely empty, save for a few people wandering to the restrooms and such things. Class had started fifteen minutes ago.

Just before I reached the room, a group of three girls shoved past me, knocking me and my stuff to the floor. They snickered, and sashayed away. "Get lost, goth girl!" One shouted over her shoulder.

I sighed and began to collect my things. It's was only my first fifteen minutes and I was already being bullied. Way to go, a new record...

I got to the History room and opened the door. The entire class turned to look at me, making my face flush from the embarrassment of having all eyes on me. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but there were a lot of guys in this class.

"U-um... Hi..." I started. "I'm new to this school... Is this Miss Robin's World History class?"

A young looking woman, who I had thought was a student at first, nodded her head and walked over to me. Shaking my hand, she smiled.

"I'm Miss Robin. You must be Perona. It's very nice to meet you, you can take a seat next to Tashigi over there." I smiled at her and nodded. She seemed like she would be a good teacher.

Almost instantly after I sat down next to the black haired girl with glasses, the intercom went on and a scratchy voice came from inside it. "Can I have Perona to the front office, please?" It asked.

Miss Robin pressed a button on the wall. "Yes, she'll be right down."

I grabbed my stuff, said a quick "I'm sorry" to my new teacher, and made my way to the main office.

~|~|~|~|~|~

I went up to the front desk of the school's office.

"Um, hi." I told the lady who sat behind it. She looked up at me with a bored expression. "Can I help you?" She asked in monotone. I nodded my pink head and fixed my bag on my shoulder.

"My name is Perona. I was told to come down here." She sighed and nodded.

"Yes of course. Please, have a seat Perona." She pointed with her pen to a couch that was pushed against the walls near the entrance. There were already three people sitting on it. Two guys with a girl in between them.