Chapter 9~ Homecoming

Perona POV-

It was Friday. The day of the homecoming dance.

Most of my day was spent sleeping, then a few hours before the dance started, I began to get ready for it.

I let my long pink hair down and curled it a little more than I usually did before putting some of it up in the back, I did my makeup, and finally, I put on my dress and the hat that went with it.

I took my phone out and was about to call someone to pick me up, when I heard a familiar honking from outside my window.

"PERONA!!" Luffy's energetic voice called next.

"WE CAME TO PICK YOU UP!" Came Ace's voice.

I smiled at the two as I leaned out the window. "I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!" I yelled down to them.

Even though it was kind of dark, I noticed the weather was looking kinda gloomy, so I grabbed one of my "weird" parasols and ran out to meet them. When I got to my car, I froze at the sight of my two friends.

"Y-you're going in that?" I asked them, my face heating up.

Luffy was wearing a red vest that hung open in the front (revealing some rather surprising abs), blue cut-off jeans, sandals, and a straw hat. Ace was wearing a weird orange hat, a red pearl necklace, NO shirt (revealing, again, nice abs, but also a tattoo on his back and on his arm), an elbow guard, black cargo shorts, a belt with an A on it, and boots.

"Yeah." Ace said, getting into the car.

"We're pirates!" Luffy said with a grin as he got in as well.

I sighed and sat down in the back.

Around the world and through time, indeed!

~|~|~|~|~|~

Zoro POV-

I had been waiting around for a half an hour already.... and I showed up late!

"Where is she?" I muttered as I ever so discreetly poured a can of beer into my red solo cup full of punch. {A/N: *fistbumps the air* RED SOLO CUPS!! X3}

I scowled at the random girls who took the opportunity of the theme to dress like sluts and come up to me. And they call Perona a skank?

"Who ya lookin for?" A female voice asked from behind me. I turned to find Lila wearing a blood red ballroom gown with her hair piled up in curls on the top of her head.

After a second of not answering, she stepped closer to me and wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Your looking for Perona, aren't you?"

I scoffed and took a gulp of my now alcoholic drink. "Don't you have a reverse harem to run?" I asked once I finished. Lila sighed exasperatedly before returning to Kid and Law who had started shouting at each other.

I looked around again in hopes of seeing the shitty soccer player in a dress, but it looked like he hadn't shown up yet.

"Hey Zoro!" Luffy and Ace's voices shouted from behind me.

I turned and almost stumbled as someone was pushed into my arms.

"Have fun!" Ace called as he and Luffy ran towards the buffet table. I looked down and saw a big black hat with red roses decorating the brim.

I could feel warm breath hitting my slightly exposed chest and small hands gripping the fabric of my green kimono.

Perona looked up at me with possibly the reddest face I've ever seen, then backed away quickly, nearly stumbling on her dress.