Chapter 4~ Stop It

I got to my room... or.... Mihawk's room? What? I'm still confused!

Well, anyway, I got to my room and stepped into the master bathroom connected to it, grabbing a change of clothes a towel and my MP3 player before I did.

I turned on the device and put it up to full volume as I stripped out of my pajamas.

'Bad Reputation' by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts started playing as I turned the water on. I smiled at the random song and sang along. It was one of my favorites.

"~I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation!

You're living in the past, it's a new generation!

A girl can do what she wants to do and that's what I'm gonna do!

~An' I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation!

Oh no, not me!

~An' I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation!

Never said I wanted to improve my station!

An' I'm only doin' good when I'm havin' fun!

An' I don't have to please no one!

~An' I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation!

Oh no, not me, oh no, not me!

~I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation!

I've never been afraid of any deviation!

An' I don't really care if you think I'm strange!

I ain't gonna change!

~An' I'm never gonna care 'bout my bad reputation!

Oh no, not me, oh no, not me!

Pedal, boys!

~An' I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation!

The world's in trouble, there's no communication!

An' everyone can say what they wanna to say!

It never gets better, anyway!

~So why should I care about a bad reputation anyway?

Oh no, not me, oh no, not me!

~I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation!

You're living in the past, it's a new generation!

An' I only feel good when I got no pain!

An' that's how I'm gonna stay!

~An' I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation!

Oh no, not me, oh no, not me!

Not me, not me!~"

The song stopped and I stepped out of the shower, nice and clean! I had always taken fast showers. I couldn't stand just standing around for a half an hour waiting for the hot water to turn cold.

I dried myself off and changed into the clothes just as 'How to Save a Life' by The Fray began to play. Again, I sang along as I got ready to go downstairs. I may or may not have used a curling iron as a microphone.....

"~Step one - you say, "We need to talk."

He walks, you say, "Sit down. It's just a talk."

He smiles politely back at you

You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right

As he goes left and you stay right

Between the lines of fear and blame

And you begin to wonder why you came

~Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And would I have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

~Let him know that you know best

'Cause after all you do know best

Try to slip past his defense

Without granting innocence

Lay down a list of what is wrong

The things you've told him all along

Pray to God, he hears you

And I pray to God, he hears you

~And where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And would I have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

~As he begins to raise his voice

You lower yours and grant him one last choice

Drive until you lose the road

Or break with the ones you've followed

He will do one of two things

He will admit to everything

Or he'll say he's just not the same

And you'll begin to wonder why you came

~Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And would I have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

~Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And would I have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

~How to save a life

~How to save a life

~Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And would I have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

~Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And would I have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

How to save a life

~How to save a life~"

I loved that song too. Like the other one, it was also a favorite of mine, if not having slightly depressing lyrics.

I finished my makeup and put my hair into a ponytail, then looked down at my outfit. Was it teacher appropriate enough? It was short jean shorts with black combat boots on the bottom (yes I had several pairs of those). On the top, I wore a solid black tank top with a black and purple checkered belt with a PUNK HAZARD belt buckle.

I loved that company and all of their clothing and accessories!

I guessed it would have to do!

As I was leaving the restroom, the tattoo of the bat on my arm caught my attention. Would I have to cover it up? I shrugged and decided not to do anything. A confusing thought crossed my mind as I walked down the stairs.

Why would I want to dress normally for a teacher?

~|~|~|~|~|~

Zoro POV~

Luffy dragged Mihawk into the kitchen and a few moments later, I saw Perona go upstairs, mumbling something about a shower.

"Hey guys!! Guess what?!" Luffy said excitedly, sitting our shocked PE teacher down at the kitchen table.

The crappy soccer player rolled his eyes. "What Luffy?" He asked. Lila raised an eyebrow as Kid and Law both brought her food and drinks.

"Why is Mr Mihawk here?" She asked. Oh yeah, that's right. She, Kid, Law, and Ace were all seniors. They had Mihawk last year.

Luffy was practically bouncing up and down. "That's what I was about to tell you!!" He shouted. "Ok, prepare to be shocked!! This place is-"

"This is my house." Mihawk said simply, cutting Luffy off.

Everyone, except for me and Luffy, just stared at the PE teacher, their mouths wide. Luffy was giggling, but other than that, the room was quiet.

That quietness was interrupted suddenly by the sound of water running upstairs and a song that sounded slightly familiar blasting from upstairs, along with an even more familiar voice singing along.

Mihawk chuckled (something I never want to hear again) as we listened to Perona sing.

"The walls were always thin here." He said. After that, we all just sat around, eating pancakes and listening to our host's voice.

"She's actually good!" Ace marveled after the song ended. A few seconds later, the water shut off and a new song began. It was 'How to Save a Life' by The Fray. The only reason I knew that was because I tried to learn how to play it on the drums once.

Yes, I play musical instruments as well as football. I sing a bit too. Sue me.

Soon enough the song stopped and a few minutes later, Perona came down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"I take it you enjoyed the pancakes then?" She asked as she looked at the carnage Ace and Luffy had created on her table. Dumb and Dumber both nodded their heads enthusiastically and jumped on her in hugs.

"THANK YOU FOR THE FOOD!!" They shouted before running off to god knows where.

Lila smiled politely but an irritated twitch of her eyebrow showed that she was pissed. "Excuse me while I go destroy my brothers!" She said, standing.

"I'll go with you." Kid, Law, and the crappy soccer player all said, standing simultaniously. "Those idiots!" Sanji muttered before running after Lila as she ran after her brothers, Law and Kid always hot on her trail.

So that left the three of us.

Perona still seemed dazed from the dual tackle hug by the D. brothers, and Mihawk looked like he didn't have a clue of what was going on.

I sighed. Sometimes it felt like I was the only one with any common sense or the only one who didn't shout and run everywhere. I began to pick up after my friends and set the dishes in the sink.

"Oh, no you don't have to do that!" Perona exclaimed, snapping out of her daze. "You're my guest!"

She ran forward to help, but I held out my hand against her face, stopping her in her tracks. "Stop it." I said, pushing her back a little, but not enough to make her fall.

"Stop what?" She asked, rubbing her nose.

"Being so nice. Stop it."

She looked up at me confusion. "What?"

I sighed and turned to her. "You're too nice. Yesterday was only your first day of school and you were bullied more than I've ever seen... ever! You got detention for something you didn't do, the word skank was spray painted onto your car! You've bounced around at least thirty different foster families! Hell, you just found out you probably won't be able to live in your own house anymore, for Christ's sake! And still, you're being nice?! Why the hell aren't you pissed off?! Why aren't you rebelling against the world like a normal teenager would do, huh?!"

She was staring at me with wide eyes. Tears had sprung into the corners of them and her knees were slightly bent. She was cowering.

Only then did I realize how much I had raised my voice and how far over her I was looming. She was actually pretty small and I only began to see that now.

She sniffled and rubbed her nose.

"I'm sorry I'm not normal!" She cried in a tiny voice, running out of the room. I tried to reach out for her, but she ducked away from my hand.

"Perona, wait!" I called as she ran back up the stairs. I started going after her, only to be stopped by Mihawk. He was looking at me sternly.

"I know you had good intentions, Zoro, but you shouldn't have yelled at her. You were one of the first friends she ever made. How would you feel if someone like that yelled at you?"

I looked at him and let those words sink in.

I was one of her first friends? Ever?

"I think you should let Lila handle this." He continued, still glaring at me. The tension in the room was thick, until...

"HEY!!" Luffy shouted, popping his head into the kitchen. "SHE HAS A KARAOKE MACHINE IN HER BASEMENT!!!!!"

He left, laughing. I sighed.

You could always count on Luffy to lighten the mood.... Or make things more awkward......