Chapter 2~ Detention, aka: The Messed Up Breakfast Club

I walked into the library and what do I see first? Luffy. Shoving his face full of food.

"Oh, Perona!!" He called out to me waving. I did a sheepish, closed-eyed smile and waved back. "Come here!!" He shouted. I sighed and did what he said.

As I walked over to him, I noticed he was sitting with five other people. Four of which, I recognized.

The redhead, Kid, was there, along with the other guy with the tattoos. There was also Zoro and Sanji there too. The fifth one was a guy with freckles and black hair who sorta looked like Luffy. He was stuffing his face as well.

"Hi Luffy!" I said with a smile as I set my book bag on a table that was further away than the others.

The energetic teen shoved the freckles guy next to him and pointed at me. "Ace, look! That's Perona! She's the one I told you about! You know, the one with pink hair!"

Ace turned and looked at me, swallowing his food as he did so. "Ah, yes I see. Very pink! So are you Luffy's new girlfriend, then?"

My face flushed red instantly. "N-no! No I'm not!" He shrugged. "I was just asking. You don't have to get so fussy." I sighed and sat down at the desk where my stuff was.

The door to the library was opened and in walked Vice Principle Crocodile and Mr Mihawk. The two men scanned our little group and sighed disapprovingly when they saw me.

"Really, Perona? Detention? On your first day?" Crocodile asked.

I pouted in a fake look of innocence and sadness and looked up at them with big puppy dog eyes. I nodded my head yes and they both sighed again.

"Why did you all get detention?" The VP continued, looking at all of us.

Tattooed guy and Kid both looked at each other and shrugged. "Fighting." They said in union. Crocodile raised an eyebrow. "Over Lila again?" They both just nodded their heads yes.

"And to think I let you off the hook this morning..." The VP mumbled, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "You next." He said pointing at Ace.

"Playing with fire during Chemistry and setting off firecrackers during lunch."

"Ace, you have to stop those pyrotechnics of yours."

"Can't. It's in my blood."

He received another sigh from the VP as he propped his feet up on the table and and leaned back in his chair, his hands resting behind his head. Crocodile turned to Luffy.

"Let me guess." He started. "Eating in class and causing noisy disturbances." Luffy popped a chip into his mouth and nodded happily. It was Mihawk's turn to sigh.

"Luffy, you're the star of the wrestling team, even so, you can't keep eating that much. It's bad for your health." He turned to Zoro. "Why are you here?"

The green haired boy yawned. "Fell asleep in class and they couldn't wake me up until the bell rang." Mihawk scowled. "Get that narcolepsy under control before it starts to affect your football scores and grades." Zoro was already asleep.

"Your turn, Sanji."

The blonde shrugged. "Smoking during school hours." I furrowed my brow in concern and looked at him. Smoking? Didn't he know how bad that was?

"Do you not realize how bad that is for your lungs?" Mihawk asked him. "I won't let you stay on the soccer team if you continue to destroy your organs like that."

Oh, so this was why Mr Mihawk was called in! He was the PE teacher and those three were in different sports! The golden eyed teacher finally turned to me, disappointment lacing his accented voice.