Chapter 25~ Oh The Years

{I THINK WE'RE GETTING CLOSE TO THE END HERE, GUYS! o_O}

Perona POV~

There was a beeping... I could hear it clearly...

I scrunched up my nose a bit and the beeping grew faster. Slowly, I opened my eyes a crack and instantly closed them again.

It was so white and bright...

Suddenly, I heard a gasp and a familiar, yet aged famale voice say my name.

"P-Perona...?"

I opened my eyes once more and took a moment to clear them of their blurriness before slowly turning my head to see a beautiful woman with long black hair and tear filled violet eyes wearing a nurse's outfit and staring down at me.

In confusion I furrowed my brows at the familiar looking woman.

She leaned forward and gripped the railing of the bed I was in. "Perona, can you recognize me?" I nodded slowly and she bit her bottom lip, trying to hold back a smile. "Perona, it's me, Lila."

I stared at the woman in confusion.

No, that wasn't right... Lila was seventeen. This woman seemed to be in her twenties.

I stared at her for another minute before the woman claiming to be my friend anxiously pulled out a cell phone and punched in a number.

"Law?" She spoke into the thing. "Law, I'm in the coma ward. Perona... She's awake."

Law?

Probably five minutes later a tall man with a doctor's coat and a white speckled baseball-esqe hat rushed into the room. He looked to be in his twenties as well.

Without missing a beat, the doctor took a small flashlight from his coat pocket and shined it in my eyes.

My gaze trailed to his hands and I noticed the familiar black tattoos, as well as a simple gold band on his ring finger, but he snapped his fingers and pulled my attention back to his aged face.

"What's your name?" He asked, putting away the flashlight and pulling out a chart and pen.

"Perona." I muttered quietly, staring between the doctor and the nurse.

"Last name?"

"I don't have one."

The doctor nodded subtly, then continued with his questions.

"What's the last thing that you remember?"

I thought for a moment and shuddered at the memory. "I was shot... by the principal of my school... Donquixote Doflamingo."

The doctor claiming to be my friend scowled at my words, but wrote down my answer anyway.

"Alright, final question. How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

'Law's' pen hovered over the chart for a moment before he sighed and looked up at me with those dark rings under his eyes.

"Perona, there's something you need to know." He muttered, grabbing 'Lila's' hand. I noticed the nurse also had a simple gold band on her finger, as well as an engagement ring.

"After your surgery to remove the bullet from your chest, you slipped into a coma."

I stared blankly at the two and Law sighed. "Perona... It's been four years."

My brows knitted together in confusion.

"What are you talking about? I've only been asleep for a few days... right?"