Chapter 3~ This is YOUR House?!

I woke up groggily and sat up in bed. The sun was streaming through the windows in my large room, illuminating the sleeping figures of my new friends.

Ace was sprawled out on the floor, slightly snoring.

Luffy was mumbling in his sleep and trying to eat a stuffed bear.

Sanji was so covered by pillows I could barely see him.

Kid was half on the floor and half not, while Lila and Law had snuggled even closer together.

And Zoro was.... Not there.

Where was Zoro?

I looked up at the clock on my wall. It was almost noon. Where could he be?

I stood from my bed and tiptoed my way to the door of my room. Opening it, I quietly stepped into the hall, trying by best not to disturb the others, which I didn't, being a master thief and all.

Still in my pajamas, I made my way down to the second floor, where, noises from the first caught my attention.

I made my way down to the first floor and the smell of burnt food met my poor nose, along with some foul language coming from the kitchen.

I walked in, only to find the missing greenette trying to make himself some toast, but failing miserably seeing as there was an entire plate of burnt pieces of bread on the counter next to him.

"Need some help?" I asked kindly.

"Holy Shit!!" He shouted, jumping half a mile and falling to the floor. "Don't Do That!!"

I giggled a little bit. "Sorry man! But seriously, don't cook. You're my guest, so that's my job. Also you suck at it." He scowled at me as two new pieces of burnt toast popped up from the heated resources of my eleventh foster family's toaster behind him.

Did I say I only stole money? No. No I did not. Most of my stuff came from my foster families.

I threw all the blackened pieces of bread away and opened my fridge. "Good." I mumbled as I inspected its contents. "They didn't eat the eggs or drink the milk."

"What are you going to make with eggs and milk?" Zoro grumbled as I took the items from the fridge, as well as butter. I ignored him and moved to the pantry, where I took out a bottle of maple syrup and a box of Bisquick baking mix {A/N: I don't own Bisquick no matter how much I want to T^T}.

I pre-heated the stove to 350 degrees and stuck a pan on it.

In a large bowl, I mixed together two cups of milk and two eggs. I then melted some butter and poured it in. After, I added the Bisquick until the batter seemed the appropriate consistency, adding in the syrup as I mixed. {A/N: this recipe is real and actually makes really yummy pancakes}

By the time I was finished with that, the stove had heated and I buttered it up.

A pile of pancakes sat next to me on a plate ten minutes later, giving off an aroma that almost made my mouth water.

Zoro had set a couple of plates down on the dining table in the kitchen while I was cooking, so that gave me one less thing to do. I stuck a few of the non-pastry cakes on my plate and some on Zoro's.

He thanked me for breakfast, well lunch by this point, and we began to eat. I liked mine absolutely plain, while my new friend practically drowned his in butter and syrup.

I was in the middle of my third pancake, when the doorbell rang.

I ignored it, thinking it was probably one of those Jehovah's Witness people. After a second, a knocking came.