Chapter six: The Hidden Truth

I walked into my room and fell on the bed.

"Up" Thunderstorm said pushing the button on the wall. I groaned.

"School and training?" I asked, he nodded his head. I sighed and stood up.

"Just one thing, how do I get down when I can't see?" I asked trying to think of something to where I didn't have to go. He picked me up and then began to walk. I sighed.

"You're supposed to be stumped and let me rest" I said as we walked down.

"Besides how can you see down here?" I asked. He set me down then removed something mettle. Then placed something worm on my eyes I opened them It was his mask! I could see straight threw it as if it wasn't their like it was glass! And it had night vision to!

"Sweet! Uh...what else does it do?" I asked turning to look at him. But he turned me around.

"How can you see me?" I asked as he took his mask back

"I didn't" he said in a low voice.

"Then..."

"Your eyes are not the only sense" he said then picked me up again until he turned the light on. I looked at him.

"Alright so what torcher, ops sorry, I mean training do you have planed for today?" I asked.

"You keep getting more and more brave" He said grabbing me from behind. I wiggled to get loose but he didn't give up his grip.

"Your enemy will take you out from any position and any spot so your job is to pay attention. The back is the weakest point." He said.

"How?" I asked trying to get loos.

"Stop moving" He said I reluctantly did waiting for his instructions. He took my hand and touched the end of my elbow and pointed to his stomach. I winced.

"Do I have to?" I asked he nodded then grabbed me in the same position. I gently moved my elbow back.

"If your enemy is trying to kill you you need to get loose your not going to do that with wimpy little movements" he said worry in his voice.

"What enemy?" I asked turning around to look at him. He looked down and let me go. No answer. He turned me around and tried it again. I was tired of this game and slammed my elbow into his stomach and turned and kicked him in the face then swooped down and knocked him off his feet then put my foot on his chest.

"I'm tired of you not telling me anything and wanting me to do this!" I yelled. He chucked.

"I figured you'd remember how to move" then he jumped back onto his feet.

"What are you talking about! What 'move'?" I asked. He took a deep breath and looked down at me.

"Once upon a time you were trained how to fight but until you blow up you for some reason don't, and you don't think you can." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Right?" I said

"Then how did you just execute red belt maneuvers perfectly?" He asked. He got me there, but I wouldn't admit to anything. I rolled my eyes.

We worked until Gram came down at about seven.

"Ok I think this has been long enough, tomorrow is a school day and you have to eat and finish homework Katy" she said. I walked up the steps taking any excuse to get away from the training.

"Gram, was I ever in karate or anything like it when I was younger?" I asked her wondering about what Thunderstorm had said.

"No, why. Is this because of him. Katy I don't completely trust him. Like there's something hes hiding" she said. I looked back at the living room entrance. Knowing somewhere down there he was cleaning up. Something in me believed Gram but something else in me believed him. Who was I supposed to believe.