Chapter 23: Questioning

"There you have it." I said finishing my interview sobbing. The nice women just hugged me. I accepted the hug. "We are gonna throw that bitch in prison for the rest of his life! I promise." she said exiting.  Debby came in and she smelt like ginger cookies. "Can I go see my family now?" I said sniffling. "Not yet sweetie. You need much more rest." she said. I groaned and flopped back on my hospital bed. I snuggled down into the blanket that Zaza had made me. Yellow and fuzzy and so soft , I thought. Tomorrow. I was so happy. After a week in the hospital I was ready to go home! My nurse Debby walked in with some chicken noodle soup. I loved her. She was so sweet. My favorite nurse. She rubbed my back while I ate. She was like a 2nd mother to me. I had her number and knew that I would never forget her. When I was stuffed to the core I groaned and turned over. Debby turned off the lights and I woke up. Debby had packed my stuff so I could sleep 2 more extra hours. I loved her to death and was gonna miss her. She was off until 11:00. I was leaving then. I left her a note and thanked her so much. I took a breath and looked around and said bye to nobody in particular. Ready? asked Garry. "Yeah." I said. He wheeled me out and into the elevator. He pressed the lobby floor button. The elevator doors whooshed open and....