Chapter 2: The First Day

*Adamaris' P.O.V*
(A-duh-mar-es)

"Dude! Did you know that there's a new kid?" I asked Case.

"No! Who is it?!" He yelled through the phone.

"I'm not sure. All I know is his name is Mark." I said

"Hmm." He mumbled

"Yeah, I'll see you at school." I said ending the call.

*Mark's P.O.V*

"Mark! Wake up!" My mom yelled.

I start to get up but I fell back down on my bed.

"Ugh." I groaned getting up.

I walked over to my dresser and picked my clothes for school. I wore jeans with a shirt with the sleeves cut off and put a red sweater over it.

"Mark! Hurry you have 15 minutes before school starts. Come eat!" She yelled.

I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs.

"I'm here, I'm here." I said.

"Good morning." She said.

"Morning." I said.

"Here." She said.

"Thanks." I said.

"When you're done eating go to school because you only have 12 minutes left." She said.

"Okay." I said.

Once I finished eating I left to school. I only had eight minutes left so I just went on my longboard.

*Adamaris' P.O.V*

"Is he here yet?" I asked Case.

"I don't think so." He replied.

"Well, we pretty much know everyone in this school so he would be the only one we don't know." I said.

"Yeah, you're right. What are you going to do when he gets here?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just want to see how he looks and see if I have any classes with him and if we do I might talk to him." I said.

"Oh okay." He said.

"Yep!" I said.

"Look! It's him." He yelled.

*Mark's P.O.V*

I could see the school from a block away. I started to get nervous but I just kept on pushing my penny board.

"Look! It's him." A guy with jeans and a blue sweater said.

I just looked at him and picked up my longboard. Next to him was a girl. She's wearing a pink skirt with a white crop top and a jean jacket. Her hair is a light brown-blondish color and is wavy. Her eye is a light blue like the sky. And she looked like she was 5'2 or 5'3.

I started to look at her but then I saw her starting to stare back at me. I saw her cheeks starting to turn a light pink before she said "Um... Let's go Case."

So that was the guy's name huh "Case". I wanted to go after her to ask her what her name is but I remembered that I had to go to the office.

*Adamaris' P.O.V*

I saw him coming up to the sidewalk with his longboard when he stopped because of what Case said. I wasn't paying attention because I got a text.

"Adamaris...We need to talk."-Unknown

I look up and see him staring at me. He's wearing jeans with a red sweater. His hair is a dirty blonde color and is a bit wavy just like mine. His eye color is kind of different he had like different colors like gray, blue, and green. I liked it. He looked like he was 5'6 or 5'7.

We both made eye contact when I felt blood rushing up to my cheeks.

"Um... Let's go Case." I said leaving.

We started to walk to the entrance of the school to get away from everyone.

OH. MY. GOD!!!

"What happened back there?" Case asked opening the school door.

"I don't know." I said.

"Oh, it was weird how he stared at both of us." He said awkwardly.

"Well you are the one that said and I quote "Look! It's him." So it shouldn't be that weird." I said giggling.

"Yeah. I shouldn't have said that." He said laughing.

"Yeah. Well, I'll see you in 3rd period." I said leaving him.

*Mark's P.O.V*

I went into the school and I started to ask people where the office is but no one would answer me.

I got a text while I was walking. I started to get on my phone out until I ran into someone.

"Ow." I heard

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention." I said getting up

"It's okay." The person said getting their stuff off the ground.

"Here let me help you." I said starting to gather the person's stuff.

"Uhh, thanks." They said.

I stuck out my hand to help them up. When they got up I looked at who it was. It was the same girl from this morning!

"Oh god." I mumbled

"Huh?" She said barely looking at me.

"Oh god." I heard her mumble.

I saw her cheeks turning a light pink again like this morning.

"Um... Hi, I'm Adamaris, Adamaris Peraza." She said. So that's her name.

"Hi, I'm Mark, Mark Thomas." I said.

"Oh well it's nice meeting you but I need to get to class." She said starting to leave.

"Wait!" I said grabbing her arm.

"Huh?" She said looking at her arm nervously.

"Can you tell me where the office is?" I asked letting go of her arm.

"Um, I'll just take you." She said grabbing my hand and taking me to the office.

"Thanks." I said starting to blush.

"Um, can I ask you something real quick?" I said shyly.

"Yeah, what's up?" She asked.

"How come you're holding my hand?" I asked.

"Um..." She muttered letting go of my hand.

"Here we are." She said shyly. I looked up at her and she was blushing really bad.