Chapter 6: Secrets

*Adamaris's Pov*

"I-I have to go." Mark said starting to running somewhere.

"I'm going to go check on him." I said running after him.

I didn't know where he is going but I kept running after him.

He didn't know I was chasing after him. We were running for about five minutes when I saw him going up to a house.

I started walking by then and saw him getting keys out of his backpack.

Does he live there?

He went inside the house and closed the door behind him. I waited a couple of minutes before I knocked on the door.

"Hi does Mark live here?" I asked the lady who answered the door.

"Yes, who are you if I may ask?" She questioned me.

"I'm one of his friends. We were at the park with some friends and he got a called and left us running here." I said.

"Oh." She said.

"Yeah, are you his mom?" I asked her.

"Yes, I am." She said.

"Oh well if it's not too much to ask. Can I talk to Mark and see what's wrong and if he's okay." I said looking at the ground.

"Yeah come in, please. I tried talking to him but he won't talk to me." She said letting me in.

"Thank you. Where is his room?" I asked.

"Upstairs, second door on the right." She said.

"Thanks." I said starting to go up the stairs.

*Mark's Pov*
*Knock on the door*

"Mom I said I didn't want to talk." I said crying a little.

"Is it okay if I come in?" I heard a voice said opening the door.

"Adamaris? What are you doing here?" I asked wiping my face with a towel and going to the door.

"I ran after you." She said looking at the ground.

I put my finger under her chin and left up her face.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I was worried about you." She said while her cheeks turn light pink.

"Oh. Come in." I said opening the rest of the door.

"What's wrong?" She asked me sitting on my bed.

"A lot of things." I said sitting next to her.

"Can you tell me, please. I want to be here for you." She said.

"Do you want to know everything?" I asked starting to hold her hand.

"Sure." She said starting to blush again.

"Okay. Well, it started last year four days before I moved here. My friend Nick showed me this app called "Instagram" and I saw how much-depressed people were on it and how they were talking about suicide. So I wanted to help them move on from this stage of their life. So I download "Younow" and "Instagram" when I got home that day and I started to reach out to people and talk to them. I would broadcast on Younow and talk to them about not committing suicide."

"I've been doing that ever since then out of nowhere two people died from our school and one of them was my best friend. So I wanted to help out his family through what happened. So I took his spot and became a big brother to his little brother because he deserves a brother. Then today when we were at the park I got a phone call from his parents. Jack Shay's little brother died today." I said starting to get water in my eyes.

*Adamaris's Pov*

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry Mark." I said giving him a hug. I can't believe he's been going through all of this by himself.

"It's okay. It's not your fault." He said starting to cry a little.

"Can I asked you something?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said letting go of him.

"Why were you worried about me?" He asked me.

"Um..." I mumbled looking down.

"Because." I said.

"Because?" He asked.

He put his finger under my chin and made me look at him. I could tell I was starting to blush because I felt blood rushing.

"Because I think I might start having feelings for you." I mumbled.

"Huh?" He said with a chuckle.

"Because I think I might start having feelings for you." I said looking down again.

He did the same thing. He put his finger under my chin to left my head up so I can face him.

*Mark's Pov*

"Because I think I might start having feelings for you." She said.

At that moment I knew I had to do something because I now know that she likes me.

I put my finger under her chin to left her head up so she can face me. Her cheeks were a light red when I did that.

Instead of saying "I like you too." I... Kissed her.