Chapter 5: Normal?

*Adamaris' P.O.V*

"God." I said exhaling.

"I wonder why so many people are committing suicide." I said getting sad.

"I know. It freaking suck." Case said through the phone.

"Yeah. Well, I have to go. Bye." I said ending the call.

I got my computer bag with all my stuff in it and grabbed my skateboard. I live 3 blocks away from Constant. That's the name of the private school I go to.

*Mark's P.O.V*

It's already been two months since Shay died. Adamaris and I still don't talk. Case and I have been starting to talk.

It was kind of strange how he just started to talk to me out of nowhere but we have somethings in common.

"Hey! Mark wait up!" I heard a voice behind me say.

I just stood still because I didn't want to know who it was. I thought it was Case but then I saw a skateboard by my feet.

"Ow!" I heard the voice again.

I turned around when that happened and I saw a girl. I didn't see her face because her hair is covering it.

She's wearing black jeans and a red and black plade shirt. I gave her my hand so I can help her up.

When she grabbed my hand it felt a certain way. Like I already held hands with this person.

When she got up she flipped her hair so I can see her face.

"Oh! Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine thanks for helping me." Adamaris said. "But the real question is are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."  I said.

"We haven't talked in a while." She said.

"Yeah like a year and a couple of months." I said.

"Yep. Come on let's get to the office." She said grabbing my hand in her right hand and her skateboard with her left.

"Okay, this again?" I said looking at our hands.

"Oh god! I'm sorry." She said looking down.

"It's okay. You don't have to worry about it." I said putting my finger under her chin to left up her head so she can face me.

Her cheeks were light pink. It started to turn a light red because of what I just did.

"Okay, that again?" She said giggling.

"Haha yeah." I said opening the office door for her and I.

"Ladies first." I said with a chuckle.

"Wow. Such a gentleman." She said with a smile.

*Adamaris' P.O.V*

I can't believe I held his hand again! I'm so dumb! I wonder if he cared. He said it was okay but I don't think it is.

What if he thinks I'm just another girl who keeps making dumb mistakes and that he should stop talking to me??

Like we haven't talked for a while because of what happened in 7th grade last year.

Am I starting to have feelings for Mark?! Oh. My. God. I am! I can't believe I'm having feelings for him. I just met him last year. He doesn't even like me. He can't like me.

"Hey, Adamaris." Case said.

"What's up Case." I said back.

"Do you want to hang later today?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

*Mark's P.O.V*
~After school~

I went straight home after school because I wanted to try out this new app I downloaded. It's called "Musical.ly" I don't really know what it's about but I downloaded it anyway.

I didn't really do much musical.lys because I was busy most of the time. With school work, Younow, Instagram, being with family, and helping out my friend's family.

A couple of days have passed by and Adamaris, Case, and I have been talking and hanging out a bit more.

It has been three months now since Shay died. It was the second week of that month when I got a call.

I was out at the park with Adamaris and Case and some of their friends. We were already there for about 15 minutes when I got a call.

"Mark! I'm so sorry." I heard Shay's mom sobbing on the other end.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Jack. He passed away." She said still crying.

"How is that possible?!" I said.

"He ran across the street and he was in the middle of the road when a truck was passing by and ran him over." She said still crying.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I said sadly.

"I'll talk to you later okay were still at the hospital." She said ending the call.

"I-I have to go." I said running to my house.

*Adamaris' Pov*

"I-I have to go." Mark said starting to running somewhere.

"I'm going to go check on him." I said running after him.