Chapter 1: Day Dreaming

Hello lovelies~ Happy Fourth of July 2k16! My gift to you is... my very first Billdip fic ever! There a few notes to keep in mind before you jump into the story...

•This is after the events of Bill Cipher's Weirdmageddon.

•Dipper and Mabel are 18 years old.

•I do not own Gravity Falls or its characters and the art used in chapters.

ON WITH THE FIC...!

After the events of Weirdmageddon, the citizens of Gravity Falls tried their best to just ignore and forget about everything that had happened. But they had a hard time sweeping it under the carpet after Tambry's video of the whole thing went viral. She got everything on tape, and it all happened while she was on Snapchat and added everything to her Snapchat Story, so people knew it was legit. The footage appeared all over the news, social media, online websites, you name it. The scientists and detectives were puzzled about this case, and marked it as "Dangerous" on the map. It wasn't long until Dipper and Mabel's parents found out and banned them from going back to Gravity Falls for future summers, worried about their safety. The twins missed their grunkles and friends back in the Falls, but their parents would never let them go back after what happened.

After 5 years of investigating, detectives and scientists were stuck in a dead end trying to figure out how and why Weirdmageddon ever happened. They decided to drop the case, and everything returned to the way it was in the paranormal town - and social media slowly started forgetting about the event. Over time, it was forgotten and became history...

~ 6 years after Weirdmageddon ~

It was June 1st, 2018. Almost 6 years after the events of the Bill Cipher Apocalypse: Weirdmageddon. Most people seemed to have forgotten about it- but some are still haunted by the memories.

"Hey Dippingsauce. What do you plan on doing this summer?" Mabel asked Dipper over the phone. The Pines twins just finished up their first year in college and it's summer! It's their first summer as adults and they are allowed to do anything they want- no school and no parents can get in the way.

"I'm planning on visiting Gravity Falls. I miss Grunkle Stan and Ford. And we haven't been able to see them since... the whole incident." Dipper speaks over the phone.

"Really? You are? Count me in! I mean I don't really have that much planned this summer anyways... plus I miss the old farts! I haven't seen Candy or Grenda or Pacifica or Wendy in forever." Mabel squealed excitingly.

"Heh. Yeah... I kind of want to investigate and stuff ever since Weirdmageddon... I'm just curious if there's anything left lurking in the woods."

"But bro bro, there's probably nothing even there. Even if there was something left behind, those sciencey professional people probably scooped it up," Mabel explains, "and besides... you shouldn't be thinking about the whole apocalypse deal anyways. We haven't seen everyone in like years and that's the first thing that pops in your mind? Spend some time with them, yeesh."

"Heh... yeah you're right Mabel. I miss them too." Dipper scratches his head.

"Like always," Mabel laughs, "Anyways, when does your flight leave?"

"5:00 AM tomorrow." Dipper answers.

Mabel pulls up her laptop and checks the available flights. The closest one that's available was at 5:30 AM the same day as Dipper's. So she decided to buy the ticket.