Chapter 10: A Night of Memories

"So. Are you gonna explain, or—"

"Yes, yes. I will," Bill interrupted.

Dipper paused and looked at the triangular demon. He started to morph into his human form.

Through his golden cat-like eyes with blonde hair lightly covering, Bill said, "Look... I—I know that kiss was so uncalled for that night. And I'm sorry I startled you. You didn't deserve that." He looked down at his brown shoes.

"It... it's okay Bill. It felt... right, to be completely honest. And I know that it shouldn't have, after everything that you've done to my family and the people of Gravity Falls. So it's time for you to start explaining yourself.." Dipper had a frown on his face.

"You know the deal that we made the day that everyone in the shack was dying? And how you agreed that you owed me one whenever I needed you?"

"Yes..." Dipper listened.

"Well, one day, I was hunted down by other demons... ones who were faster, stronger, and much more powerful than I. They stripped me of a lot of my powers temporarily and forced me into a human form with gashes of blood and bruises," Bill explains. "This is just long-story short."

"Oh really? So you're not the most powerful being in the universe with no weaknesses?" Dipper smirked.

"At one point I was. But enough on the story of how I was injured. I'll save that for another time."

Dipper nodded lightly.

"But... I had nowhere to go. That was when I remembered that little deal we made," Bill smiled. "So with my last burst of magic, I teleported myself in front of the Mystery Shack porch to remind you to fulfill your end of the deal."

"...So that explains how we meet up."

"Yes. Would you like to see the memory?" Bill asks.

Dipper nodded. Bill took his hands and held them tightly. They both closed their eyes as he allowed Bill to enter his mind and show him what happened...

There was a sharp knock on the door.

"Dipper! Go get the door, I don't feel like gettin' up." Mabel yelled.

"Fine, you're so lazy Mabes," Dipper rolled his eyes as he got up off of his bed and walked down the stairs to the front door. He starts to open it as he says "Hi, who's ther—"

Dipper gasps as a blonde stranger with gashes all over his body falls right in front of him as he opened the door.

"Oh my god."

"Bro-bro, who was tha—" Mabel's eyes widen in horror as she rushes over to help Dipper with the injured stranger at their door.

"Hello? Sir? C-Can you hear me? Are you conscious?" Dipper practically screams.

"Remember our deal, Pine Tree," the blonde says, before his eyes close and his body goes limp.

Dipper could literally feel his stomach drop.

"P-Pine Tree?" Mabel looks at Dipper. "Dipper...? I-is that Bill?"

"There is only one person who calls me that." Dipper stares out in the distance in shock.

"You made a deal with him?! You KNOW how dangerous he is, Mason! How could you? What was the deal?" Mabel hissed.

"Don't ever fucking call me that. It was to save your life, so you, Stan, and Wendy would live. So don't yell at me for this."

"What do you mean to save my life?"

"Remember that day I found you all on the floor? And I told you that there was a gas leakage and that's why you were all passed out?"

"Um... yeah, why?" Mabel questioned.

"What really happened was that the gnomes came to kill you and whoever saw them do it. I saw you lying there, with blood dying. Bill appeared and offered me a deal to save your life, along with Wendy and Stan's. In return, I must do him a favor in the future. He never specified. But I guess it's my turn to hold up my end."

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. But what do we do now?"

And then the memory fades away to a white light.