Chapter 13: Memories

Dipper sat down on the couch and gave Mabel the popcorn. "Here," he grumped.

Bill walked over from the kitchen with ice cream and candy in hand. They watched The Notebook, much to Dipper's demise.

*Sniffle* "Damn these human emotions!" Bill cried, watching Ally choose Noah in the movie.

"Human emotions?" Dipper rolled his eyes.

"Yes, every time I take a human form I experience horrid emotions like the rest of you."

So he can experience love... Dipper thought. Why does every time I hear his voice or see his face or someone mentions his name I feel some type of way—

Dipper's heart stopped. He hasn't felt this way since...

Scratch that. He's never felt this way before.

Even when I had a crush on Wendy, I didn't feel this way. She was more of a little school girl crush, someone to like since I was in a new town and all and I wanted someone to like. But... Bill isn't like that. He's different. My feelings for him are different.

For the rest of the night, Dipper didn't even pay attention to the movie. He spent it looking at Bill, seeing him laugh, smile, and cry at the movie. His golden eyes were reflecting the blue light from the TV.

"Mabel?" Bill whispered, "Maaaaaabellll?" He poked her shoulder and heard soft snores. He glances over at Dipper, catching the human dazing over at him like
a day dream.

"Something got your eye, Pine Tree?" Bill smirked widely.

"W-What?" Dipper snapped out of his day dream, stuttering slightly.

The demon once again glances over at the other twin, making sure she's asleep. His glowing eyes snap back at the boy and he pounces on top of him, almost like a cat.

"B-Bill? W-What a-are y-you..."

"Cat got your tongue?" Bill taunted, his pupils morphing into the same shape as a feline's, for a split second. "So what were ya thinking about?" Bill blinked, innocently.

"N-nothing."

"Mmmm are you sure about that, Pine Tree?" Bill chuckled.

Dipper gulped loudly. He desperately hoped that in Bill couldn't read his mind right now.

The demon smirked slightly, reading the human's eyes. He started to lean in and then—

"Dipper?" Ford's voice cut into his ears and snapped him out of it.

Dipper jumped at the sudden sound, knocking him out of the memory. "Y-yes Great Uncle Ford?"

"I...I don't want you to ever go back into the forest for your... walks." Ford stated.

"Wh-what? Why not?" his nephew immediately objected.

"There has been more and more reported dangerous incidents in the past few years since your first visit," he warned.

"I can defend myself! I'm not that 12 year old wimp anymore!" Dipper hissed loudly. His eyes glowed a bright blue an his voice echoed throughout the house.

Ford looked at him in fear. No, this can't be...

This can't be happening... again.

Dipper saw his bright blue eyes in the reflection of Ford's glasses, and instantly panicked.

"G-Great Uncle F-Ford?" He stammered, "wh...what was that?"

Ford knew exactly what it was. And he was afraid of it.

Dipper sprints up into his room, quivering in his bed.

"What's happening to me?"