Kidnapped

*Marshall's POV*

When I got home, there were two new messages waiting for me on the phone.

The first was from Fi, and she sounded mad. "Marshall... is there anything you want to tell me?"

What was she talking about...? Oh, no... a couple nights ago, she was asking about my opinion on kids. I got her pregnant, didn't I?!

She's mad because I promised her it would be fine! Crudcrudcrudcrudcrud. 

The second was from a man with an oddly husky voice. "I wouldn't look for her, Marshall Lee. Accept that she's gone."

Then, at the end... I dropped the phone and flew to Fi's house as fast as I could.

The door was broken in half, and there had obviously been a struggle. The curtains were shredded, the furniture knocked over, and there was a piece of paper on the ground, written on it was, 'You really think she's still here? That's hilarious.'

I crumpled it up in my hand. I was so mad... they'd taken Fi. At the end of that second phone message, I'd heard her scream.

I investigated the house first. In the kitchen, there was a tape recorder, still running. I stopped it and replayed the last recording, wondering why she even had a very convenient tape recorder in the kitchen. 

"At least tell me who you are." Fionna said. She sounded close to panicking.

Her assailant laughed. "As if. You'd find a way to tell that vampire of yours."

"What are you?"

"I'll tell you later, when you're blindfolded and tied to a chair."

Fionna laughed. "Oh boy, you picked the wrong girl to mess with."

"Wrong. I picked the perfect one."

"When my fiancé says it, he sounds way less creepy."

"When your fiancé says it, he isn't trying to kidnap you and marry you off to the highest bidder."

My fists clenched at my sides, but if I destroyed the damn thing, I'd never know how it ended. But even so... Cake's probably going to be mad about that stove. 

There was a groan from the assailant, the sound of something hitting the floor, then immediately after there was a groan from Fionna.

"Little girl, it is not a good idea to kick me in the face." He spat.

"Yeah? Well, spraining my ankle by twisting my leg and throwing me to the floor only decreases my value."

"You're catching on fast, but you'll be fine, even by the time we get to the border."

What border? The border of Aaa?! Oh, Glob no... please no...

"You're going to take me out of the country?!"

"Yes, indeed I am. I've been... well, you could call it 'human trafficking' for millenia. You're lucky I'm actually going to marry you off to someone. If you behave, I will give you someone who might treat you well. But then again- it's how much they pay."

"I don't want 'someone'! I want Marshall!" She sounded close to tears, and my heart broke all over again.

"Yeah, I bet you do. But you know what? I'm about to kidnap the girl who saves everyone else from kidnappers. So who's going to save you?"

There was the sound of muffled yelling from Fi, then she went silent. I hated that silence, and was hoping she'd say something, anything, even if I knew she wouldn't.