Diplomatic Treaty

*Ashley's POV*

Sure enough, Dorian sent a diplomat with a treaty the next week, after the forces had been disbanded. Jazz's soldiers went home, the demons and the vampires went back underground, the devils returned to Valleyhale... in short, it was just us and Dorian. But other than him, life returned to normal.

Well... sort of. You see, it takes two to sign a treaty. And, being the only one who knew how the people of Valleyhale worked, I was nominated for this task by Gumball. Obviously, I was not happy with this option.

"Why can't Fionna do it? She's nice. People like her and listen to her." I told Gumball.

"Fionna has suffered a traumatic experience at their hands, she's pregnant and needs to rest, and quite frankly, I'm tired of relying on her for every single little thing. You can help too, Ashley." He responded.

"What about Marshall, then? You have to admit, the man has confidence."

"Marshall is taking care of Fionna. But mostly, we can't trust his temper to not get out of control."

"How about you? You're a pretty good diplomat."

"Thank you Ashley, but no. They scare me sugarless."

"Olivia? Nothing scares her."

"She's insane."

"Jazz?" 

"That's like giving a burglar your money that you just told him not to steal. We're trying to negotiate a treaty, not teach them delayed gratification." Gumball said.

"Betty then." I suggested.

"No. Betty is a sweet woman, but she is needed to control Olivia. This leaves you."

"What about Colby?" 

"Colby's not born yet, and we need a diplomat, not a narcissist. I blame you entirely for that, you know."

I laughed. "Me? What did I do? Last time I checked, you're the one with the fancy hair."

"But the attitude? That's not from me."

"Or me." I smiled.

He frowned. "Well, he had to get it somewhere..."

"Gumball, attitudes aren't hereditary. You don't need to give me that look. It's just a phase- he'll grow out of it as soon as he finishes puberty."

"Why can't he be more like J-" Gumball clapped his hands over his mouth, and I laughed.

"Why can't he be more like Jazz? Because he and Jazz are two different people. I'm guessing Fionna and Marshall were much stricter than us- especially with morals."

I wrapped a lock of his hair around my finger and smiled coyly. C'mon... c'mon...

"Ashley, no matter what you do, you're not getting out of this." Gumball said softly.

I pulled back, pouting. "You're no fun."

"Sometimes responsibilities are more important than fun." Gumball sighed.

"And sometimes you need to loosen up a little." I responded.

"All play and no work makes Jackie a mere toy." He quoted, tweaking it a little.

I narrowed my eyes. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

He narrowed his as well. "Well, maybe Jack has a kingdom to run."