Ch.17

**Kirstie POV**
I was still sitting in the closet when I heard Josh walk past to go to the bedroom to find me. Then I heard a big thud come from down the hall and heard Josh run.

"What the f-" he was cut off then another thud came from the living room and I heard Scott calling me.

"Kirstie! It's okay to come out now!" He yells through the house.

I walk to the living room to find him trying to pick up Jeremy and put him on the couch.

"Oh goodness!" I said putting my hands over my mouth on the verge of tears.

"He'll be okay, Kirst. I promise. I'm gonna call 911 right now." He says taking me in for a hug and dialing the phone.

Shortly after the ambulance and the cops got there Scott called the rest of the band over to watch the house while I went to the hospital with Jeremy.

**Jeremy POV**
I woke up suddenly in a hospital bed and someone holding my hand.

"Kirst?" I managed to say with my dry throat.

"Yeah! I'm here! Are you okay? What happened?" She asks worried.

"Well, I carried you to bed. Then I heard someone knock at the door and I opened it and Josh was there. Then someone came from behind him and knocked me out with one punch." I say.

"Oh my goodness! That's horrible!" She says almost crying.

"But I'm fine though. See. I'm alive and talking to you but I just have a headache. How did I get here exactly?" I ask.

"Well I woke up when I heard someone knock at the door. So I walked down the hall to see who it was and saw it was Josh and went and hid in the closet and called Scott and Mitch. Then Scott came and stopped everything and picked you up and called 911." She says explaining everything.

"Well thank goodness for your friend or else who knows what would've happened to you Mr. Lewis." The doctor says coming into the room.

"Is everything okay? When can I go home?" I ask.

"Well we are actually discharging you now. Everything looks fine just a little bump on the head is all." He says.

"So I can leave now?" I ask.

"Yup." He says with a smile.

"And you two stay safe." He says before leaving the room.

After I got dressed Kirstie drove us home where the other band members were waiting for us and seeing if I was okay.

The entire ride was silent until I spoke up.

"Kirst? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah just tired." She says not taking her eyes off the road.

I just grab her hand and give her a faint smile and she gives one back to me.

Shes not okay. I can tell when something is wrong with her.