Chapter 29

Dylan's POV

It's graduation. I'm graduating today, I've waited this day my whole life but since I've met Thalia I've been wanting to graduate less and less. I decided to go to Florida for college, it's going to be far from my home and everyone I love. But most importantly I'll be away from my amazing girlfriend.

As I pack the last of my things reality sets in that after today I'll be a college student. I decided that I was going to move down to Florida a week after graduation just, then I'm going to drive down there and Thalia is coming with me until the middle of August.

"Dylan hurry up or we are going to be late", My mom says as she calls up to me.

"Coming mom", I call back.

I take one last look around my room to make sure everything is packed away in the right boxes. When I see all my stuff in boxes, I know this is the last time that I'll be leaving my room as a high school student.

I walk down stairs to see my family, and Thalia's family all ready to go. I walk up to Thalia and smile at her. I take her hand in mine and she intertwines our fingers.

"Okay let's go now that everyone is here", my mom says looking at me.

"Sorry", I say putting my free hand up in defence.

Everyone walks out of my house and heads to the cars in my driveway. We all get into our cars and drive to the school. Thalia comes with me in my car.

"You ready for graduation?" She asks me.

"A tiny bit but not really", I tell her.

"Why not?" She asks.

"Because after graduation I'll be here for 1 more weeks then I'll be moving to Florida, I'll miss everyone especially you", I say to her.

"Well you won't be away from me long", She says to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Well, I'm not supposed to tell you this but for the holidays my family is letting me go to Florida to see you", She says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes really, but you have to keep it a secret mister", She says smiling.

"My lips are sealed", I say smiling back at her.

We get to the school and walk hand in hand inside until I have to go inside the cafeteria. I watch Thalia walk off to the rest of her family before walking into the cafeteria.

Thalia's POV

He's graduating, he's really graduating. I didn't think this day would come so quickly, I'm trying to hide how sad I am but it's hard knowing that he won't be by my side every day anymore.

"Thalia you okay?" Mrs. Lewis asks me.

"Yeah, I just didn't this day would come so quickly", I say.

"We all didn't but we know you and Dylan will make the distance work", She says to me.

"You really think so?" I ask.

"Yes we all think so, everyone sees the way he looks at you, he's never letting you go", She says smiling at me. I can't help but smile back.

Just before we go in she leans down to whisper something to me.

"You still performing at the graduation party right?" She whispers to me; I just nod in response.

*Time Laps*

It's after graduation and were all back at Dylan's house. The Lewis' decided to have a Graduation party for all of the graduates and their families, Mrs. Lewis suggested I sing something since she knows I can sing, I said yes to doing it but I'm really nervous about it. Dylan doesn't know that I'm singing at all.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" Mrs. Lewis asks. That's my cue to go to the "bathroom".

"Dylan I'll be right back", I say to him.

"Okay", He responds.

"I would like to announce a very special guest", Mrs. Lewis says to everyone.

I'm all ready to go, with a mask covering my face. I asked Mrs. Lewis not to say it was me, instead say that Dalia will be singing. I don't want people to know it's me.

"I would like to welcome Dalia", Mrs. Lewis says and I walk outside.

"Hey everyone I'm Dalia and I'll be signing closer by the chain smokers", I say into the microphone. I look around the crowd to the only pair of eyes that can calm me down right now. I find them and start singing.

*Song Closer by Chain-smokers ft. Halsey*

I finish singing the song my eyes never leaving Dylan's eyes once. I walk back inside to put my mask inside but decide against it and walk to Dylan instead.

"Hi", I say to him, hopefully, he'll realize it's me.

"Hi, you were amazing", He responds.

"Thanks", I say and blush.

He bends down to whisper something in my ear. "I know it's you Thalia, I wish you would've told me but I like the surprise", He whispered.

I just smile and motion for him to follow me. He follows me and we walk inside. Once inside I take off the mask.

"There's my beautiful girlfriend", He says to me which causes me to blush a lot.

He bends down and kisses me. I instantly kiss him back. This kiss is filled with a lot of passion. When he pulls away I smile up at him.

"I love you Dylan Lewis", I say to him.

"I love you Thalia Parker", He says back.