7. Tag, You're it

Mark's pov
   As Chloe, Chica, and I were at the park, we were playing tag. I was it, and I was looking for Chloe. She always hid anytime it was my turn. As I walked past a play set, I heard a giggle from a little girl I know. I turned around, and chased after her. She screamed and ran away with Chica following her. Chloe ran into the street, Chica stopped by the curb. I saw a car coming out of the corner of my eye, and yelled, "Chloe come back! Run! Run!"
    She looked at me when I yelled, then looked dead at the car. She didn't move -most likely was terrified- so I ran to grabbed her, but I didn't run fast enough. The car hit her, I felt tears threatened to fall, as I saw her laying there unconscious. Chica licked her face trying to wake her. The guy.... Or girl came out of the car. It was Emily.
    "Emily? What the fuck? Why didn't you stop?" I asked her.
    "Oh my god, no! Chloe! I'm so sorry," she said.
    "Why the fuck didn't you stop?" I asked again.
    "The break wouldn't work," she said. I sighed annoyed and out of anger. I pulled my phone out and called 911. I picked up Chloe out of the street, and laid her in the grass. Chica laid by her, as I sat by them waiting for the ambulance. Before they came, I had Ryan come pick up Chica. Emily was sitting on her car in tears. Once the ambulance did come, they asked if we wanted to come. I went, I could tell Emily didn't have the guts to. If you're wondering why I went, well I love this kid too much.
    At the hospital, the doctor said, "we're not completely sure if she'll wake up." Once I heard that, I had to to go back in her room. I smiled a little seeing how the nurse had put the stuffed fox - I had gotten Chloe at the gift shop - in Chloe's arm. She had told me her likes and dislikes a while back. I sat in the chair next to her bed, and held her free hand. I lightly kissed it and whispered, "please wake up. Emily needs you. Chica needs you, I need you," I cried softly.