21. A Happy Ending

3rd person

It's been a few months, and everyone is doing just great. Chloe was back in school, as soon as her health was back in order. Carter revealed his love for her. Mark took some security measures.

    Chloe was just about to leave when Mark stopped her at the door.
"Mark? Come on let me pass," she begged.
"You need to be careful out there," he said.
"I always am," she smiled," anyways Carter will be with me."
"That's what I mean," Mark was being a little protective over her, "are you sure he won't hurt?"
"Why on earth would he do that?" she asked, "he saved me."
      "I'm not saying he would," Mark sighed, and hugged her, "forget it. Have fun out there."
    Chloe nodded and went out to meet with Carter. She didn't understand what Mark was talking about. She did as told and forgot about it.

     As her day came to an end, Carter and Chloe were in her backyard. They laid in grass, as they looked up at the beautiful stary night. Carter gently took her hand and intertwined their fingers.
     "Chloe, do you love me?" Carter asked.
     "What's not to love?" she pecked his cheek. He blushed.
"I don't what to say," he said and looked up at the sky. They were quiet, until Carter had to leave. They hugged and said goodbye. Before he left, he stole a kiss from Chloe. She was in shock, but smiled.

    As she sat in the couch next to Mark, she couldn't help but wonder what would be next? First a new home, new life, kidnapped, and saved. Where would her next adventure take her.

I hope you all enjoyed the story. It was bumpy at first but it got finished. Thank you all for reading. Bye!